- duration 8 days
- tour type Self-guided
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Self guided/Independent
- Discovering the typically English countryside
- Walking parts of the Cotswold Way
- Enjoying the flexibility of walking with a daypack from village to village
- Experiencing the hospitality in the warm family run B&B’s and guesthouses
A week long walk in the picturesque Cotswolds of southern England. This holiday is intended to appeal to those who want a gentle introduction to walking in the English countryside; the Cotswold’s are hilly rather than mountainous - the highest point being little more than 1000 feet above sea level. Officially designated as an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, the Cotswold landscape is an entrancing mixture of parkland, cultivated fields with dry-stone walls of Jurassic limestone, and patches of unspoilt woodland. Stone-built, also, are almost all the cottages, farmhouses, villages, and small towns that our route passes. About half of our itinerary, around 50 miles (from Stratford-upon-Avon to Winchcombe), coincides with the Cotswold Way, a 102 mile Long Distance Path that is claimed to be the best waymarked in England.
Day 1 : Arrive Stratford-upon-Avon
Day 2 : Walk to Mickleton via Hidcote Gardens - 17 km/10.5 miles, 5.5 h
Day 3 : Walk to Broadway via Chipping Campden Fish Hill - 14.5 km/9 miles, 4 h
Day 4 : Walk to Blockley - 19.3 km/12 miles, 6 h
Day 5 : Via Batsford and Lower Slaughter to Bourton on the Water - 21.5 km/13 miles, 7 h
Day 6 : Walk to the tiny gem village of Guiting Power - 11.6 km/7 miles, 4 h
Day 7 : Walk via Hailes Abbey & Sudeley Castle to Winchcombe 18.5 km/11.5 miles, 6 h
Day 8 : Arrangements end after breakfast
- 7 nights B&B accommodation on a twin share basis usually with ensuite facilities
- Information pack including route notes & maps (1 pack per room booked)
- 7 breakfasts
- One piece of luggage per person transferred from Inn to Inn, not exceeding 20kg
- Emergency hotline
- Travel to Stratford and from Winchcombe
- Lunches, dinners and drinks
- Items of a personal nature
- Travel insurance
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 35+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Exploring the Cotswolds - 8 days tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 323 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure. For any departures within 28 April 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Exploring the Cotswolds - 8 days tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Exploring the Cotswolds - 8 days tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.