- Road trips
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 22
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Wander around Stone Town’s bustling bazaars and fragrant spice markets and opt to embark on a guided tour of the spice plantations.
- Explore the Serengeti – a wildlife arena like no other – and look for lions, leopards, elephants and giraffes in this iconic park with your local crew.
- Spend a day with local women in Arusha, learning to prepare a Swahili dish, crafting and learning about village life in Kisongo.
- Take a mindblowing safari across the floor of the Ngorongoro Crater in an openroof 4WD vehicle for a chance to see endangered black rhinoceros.
Admire the sweeping landscapes of Tanzania – full of incredible wildlife and fascinating cultures – on this 12-day East African adventure with Lonely Planet and Intrepid. From the pristine beaches of Zanzibar across the lush slopes of the Usambara Mountains and through the savannas of Ngorongoro Crater and the Serengeti, discover a land where elephants roam, lions hunt and communities embrace the land. This is the heart of Africa – a land for the true explorer. When will you go in search of the Big Five?
Zanzibar Northern Beaches
Zanzibar Northern Beaches
Ngorongoro Crater / Serengeti National Park
Serengeti National Park
Mto wa Mbu
- Hotel (1 night), Bungalow (2 nights), Camping (with basic facilities) (2 nights), Camping (with facilities) (6 nights)
- 12 Breakfasts, 7 Lunches, 8 Dinners
- Overland vehicle , 4x4 Safari Vehicle , Ferry , Minibus
- An expert tour leader
- Irente - Lushoto hike
- Irente - Local lunch
- Kisongo - Cooking class, crafts & village walk
- Ngorongoro Crater - 4x4 Game Drive
- Serengeti National Park - 4x4 Game Drive
- Any international flights to Stone Town and from Nairobi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Zanzibar to Nairobi tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 89+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Zanzibar to Nairobi tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 18 July 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 18 July 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Zanzibar to Nairobi tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Zanzibar to Nairobi tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This is an overland trip. That means you’ll be travelling with a group in a purpose-built vehicle, visiting remote communities, setting up your own tent, occasionally roughing it in the bush with no facilities, and getting the best possible views of the Big Five. While the trucks don’t have air conditioning, they do have sliding windows which let in the breeze and make it even easier to take spectacular snaps of the local wildlife. The drive days can be long, but it’s as much about the journey as the destination, and half the fun is the camaraderie. For more info on this style of travel, see our Africa overland page: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/africa/overland
- Camping in the Serengeti National Park with no barriers between you and the animals is amazing, but it's important to heed the safety advice of your leader. You will be briefed as a group on arrival.
- At Usambara Mountains, you'll hike to the beautiful Irente viewpoint. It's not overly strenuous, but a reasonable level of fitness is required.
- As the early bird catches the worm, the early camper sights the animals. There will be many early starts either to make use of the better safari time or to beat the morning traffic on long travel days.
- Some passengers on this trip will have been travelling together prior to the start of your trip. To see what you're missing out on check out our Vic Falls to Kenya trip – search trip code YXOWC on the Intrepid website for more information and to book.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Finish point description
Food and dietary requirements
Your fellow travellers
Joining point instructions
Finish point instructions