- duration 8 days
- tour type Self-guided Tour
- age requirement 18+ years old
- Discovering the historic castles and manor houses of Sweden
- Experiencing the archipelago with its nature reserves and Baltic Sea coast
- Relaxing in charming villages with colourful wooden houses
- Soaking up the great hospitality of boutique accommodation in stunning locations
Explore Sweden's stunning Sörmland and Stockholm archipelago. Sweden's picturesque capital spreads out across 14 islands, each providing a different perspective of the city. Not too far southwest of Stockholm lies Sörmland, often described as Sweden's southernmost wilderness, known for its pine forests, open green fields and vast lakes. Hiking through nature reserves and charming villages is the perfect start to this trip, which then takes you to Stockholm's southern archipelago with its more than 24,000 islands stretching 80km east of Stockholm into the Baltic Sea. With a relaxed pace there is ample time to swim in the refreshing Baltic waters, hike trails in manor house grounds and visit towns of pretty wooden houses. The hand picked accommodation is a real highlight ranging from a spa hotel with stunning views to a family run guesthouse and well located city hotels.
Day 1 : Arrive Stockholm
Day 2 : Transfer to Tullgarn Palace, hike to Trosa (4-6hrs)
Day 3 : Hiking in the Stendörren and Sävö nature reserves, return to Trosa (4-5hrs)
Day 4 : Boat to Nynäshamn, and an evening walk along Strandvägen (1-2hrs)
Day 5 : Hiking in the Häringe-Hammersta nature reserve or a local Strandvägen hike (2.5-4hrs)
Day 6 : Hike Nåttarö and Ålö islands, transfer to Utö island (4.5hrs)
Day 7 : Hike on Fjärdlång island to Tysta Klint, boat to Stockholm (2hrs)
Day 8 : Trip concludes in Stockholm
- 7 nights in hotels on a twinshare basis with ensuite facilities
- Information pack including detailed trail routes in English, maps - one per room booked
- 7 breakfasts - Continental breakfasts are served and usually consist of breads, jams, cheese, often eggs and meats, coffee, tea and juices.
- Internal transfers as per the itinerary
- Luggage transfers on days 2, 6 & 7
- Boat transfers as per itinerary
- Full trip briefing
- Emergency hotline
- Bus ticket on day 5
- Travel to and from Stockholm
- Meals and beverages other than those specified
- Items of a personal nature such as phone calls, souvenirs, laundry etc.
- Travel insurance
- Entrance fees and optional excursions such as canoeing
- Tour guide - this is a self guided trip
- Transfers other than those specified
- You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 90 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Save +US$ 60 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 325 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure. For any departures within 29 March 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Sweden: Hiking Stockholm and Beyond tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Sweden: Hiking Stockholm and Beyond tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.