- duration 8 days
- tour type Self-guided
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Self guided/Independent
- Discovering the historic castles and manor houses of Sweden
- Experiencing the archipelago with its nature reserves and Baltic Sea coast
- Relaxing in charming villages with colourful wooden houses
- Soaking up the great hospitality of boutique accommodation in stunning locations
Explore Sweden's stunning Sörmland and Stockholm archipelago. Sweden's picturesque capital spreads out across 14 islands, each providing a different perspective of the city. Not too far southwest of Stockholm lies Sörmland, often described as Sweden's southernmost wilderness, known for its pine forests, open green fields and vast lakes. Hiking through nature reserves and charming villages is the perfect start to this trip, which then takes you to Stockholm's southern archipelago with its more than 24,000 islands stretching 80km east of Stockholm into the Baltic Sea. With a relaxed pace there is ample time to swim in the refreshing Baltic waters, hike trails in manor house grounds and visit towns of pretty wooden houses. The hand picked accommodation is a real highlight ranging from a spa hotel with stunning views to a family run guesthouse and well located city hotels.
Day 1 : Arrive Stockholm
Day 2 : Transfer to Tullgarn Palace, hike to Trosa (4-6hrs)
Day 3 : Hiking in the Stendörren and Sävö nature reserves, return to Trosa (4-5hrs)
Day 4 : Boat to Nynäshamn, and an evening walk along Strandvägen (1-2hrs)
Day 5 : Hiking in the Häringe-Hammersta nature reserve or a local Strandvägen hike (2.5-4hrs)
Day 6 : Hike Nåttarö and Ålö islands, transfer to Utö island (4.5hrs)
Day 7 : Hike on Fjärdlång island to Tysta Klint, boat to Stockholm (2hrs)
Day 8 : Trip concludes in Stockholm
- 7 nights in hotels on a twinshare basis with ensuite facilities
- Information pack including detailed trail routes in English, maps - one per room booked
- 7 breakfasts - Continental breakfasts are served and usually consist of breads, jams, cheese, often eggs and meats, coffee, tea and juices.
- Internal transfers as per the itinerary
- Luggage transfers on days 2, 6 & 7
- Boat transfers as per itinerary
- Full trip briefing
- Emergency hotline
- Bus ticket on day 5
- Travel to and from Stockholm
- Meals and beverages other than those specified
- Items of a personal nature such as phone calls, souvenirs, laundry etc.
- Travel insurance
- Entrance fees and optional excursions such as canoeing
- Tour guide - this is a self guided trip
- Transfers other than those specified
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 90 today.
- Earn US$ 60+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Sweden: Hiking Stockholm and Beyond tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 01 April 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 01 April 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Sweden: Hiking Stockholm and Beyond tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Sweden: Hiking Stockholm and Beyond tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be implemented during transportation and followed on the accommodation premises as well.