- Enjoy the best Stockholm sights within 6.5 hours
- Learn some facts and history of the city
At the beginning of the tour your guide will meet you by the ship. Then board the bus and have a 40-minute drive to the city center.
Stockholm is said to be not only the capital of Sweden but the center of Scandinavia as well. Originally there was a fortress on the territory of the future town which expanded and turned into one of the biggest Scandinavian cities which comprises 14 islands.
Your tour will begin with a picturesque panoramic view where you will contemplate a sight of the Old Town, the Vasa Museum, City Hall and some of the 14 islands. Royal Djurgården, the island where the Vasa Museum is situated, is the most popular leisure zone among the citizens which includes the amusement park, the open-air museum Skansen, the theme park ‘Junibacken’ for children and many other attractions.
The Swedish warship Vasa displayed in the museum with the same name can boast with a peculiar story. This ship sank on its maiden voyage in the year of its construction and was salvaged in 333 years from the sea bottom. Nowadays Vasa has become a symbol of the Swedish ‘great power period’.
You will have an opportunity to see the City Hall as well which is prominent for its architecture and considered to be the city’s defender and guard. It consists of the Blue Hall and Golden Hall where the Nobel Prize Banquets are held. You will learn the reason why the City Hall has been built for 12 years and who has contributed to its foundation most of all.
- Professional English-speaking tour guide
- Port pickup and drop-off for round-trip shared transfer
- Panoramic city tour by bus
- Walking tour in Old Town
- Admissions to Vasa Museum and City Hall
- Local taxes
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Food and drinks
• Adult pricing applies to all travelers
• At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
• This is a shared small-group tour. Maximum number of tour participants: 26-32
• Not recommended for participants with back problems
• Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
• A moderate amount of walking is involved
• Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
• Not wheelchair accessible
• A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
• Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
At the time of booking cruise passengers must provide:
• Cruise ship name
• Lead Passenger Name
If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.