- Visit two Imperial Russian Residences at once
- Explore the presumed 8th wonder of the world - Amber Room
- Enjoy the atmosphere and splendor of the Catherine Palace
- Learn the lifestory of Paul I and his residence
The renovated Amber Room which is said to be the 8th wonder of the world will strike you with its extraordinary beauty. Grand Palace of Paul located in Pavlovsk will appeal to you with its peaceful relaxing atmosphere and picturesque neighborhood.
Your tour will start at the lobby of your hotel, where your guide and driver will be waiting for you. Afterwards you will enjoy a drive to Tsarskoye Selo by a comfortable non-smoking air-conditioned vehicle.
During a 1-hour ride you will be listening to your guide’s narration about the sights on your way and make photo stops upon your wish. Among the highlights you will see the House of Soviets – a Soviet Union landmark with the Lenin monument in front of it, which is situated on Moskovsky avenue – the longest street in St. Petersburg; the Victory Square with the Monument to the Heroic Defenders of Leningrad.
Before your arrival to Pushkin you will have the opportunity to contemplate the Egyptian Gate – the former main entrance into Tsarskoye Selo Imperial residence; Feodorovsky Settlement – an architectural ensemble. It should be also noted that the town was named after Alexander Pushkin, a prominent Russian poet and writer, where he used to study and live.
You are welcome to take awesome pictures on the background of the Catherine Palace court and then proceed to the Golden Enfilade and State Palatial Interiors. After that you will be excited to see the renovated Amber Room and private rooms of Alexander I and Paul I. Have a nice stroll in the park contemplating picturesque views and architectural masterpieces that are scattered over the park.
Anticipate a 15-minute drive to the Pavlovsk Imperial Residence after that and have a lunch at any location you would like (your guide will advise you some venues upon request).
The next highlight of your tour is going to be the Grand Palace of Paul I who was known to be as the only legitimate son of Empress Catherina the Great. Grasp controversial points in the destiny of Paul I, learn about complicated relations between him and his mother and look at the tsar with a new perspective (Tsar Paul’s image was sometimes underestimated and distorted – actually, he was a highly educated and intelligent man with his own worldview)
The tour finishes with a short walk along Pavlovsk park, where you may enjoy a coach ride (for a charge) upon your wish to feel like in the 18th century.
At the end of the tour you will be transferred back to the city – either to your hotel, or at any location in the center.
- Professional English-speaking tour guide
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Admission to Catherine's palace with Amber Room and Tsarskoye Selo Park, Pavlovsk Imperial Palace and Park
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Radio head-sets for groups exceeding 6 passengers
- A bottle of water
- Welcome gift
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Food and drinks
• Children must be accompanied by an adult
• Children under 7 are free of charge. Seats are available on request if advised at time of booking. Please notify the tour operator so that free tickets could be ordered.
• A moderate amount of walking is involved
• You MUST confirm and obtain any visa requirements prior to border crossing. All visa requirements are the sole responsibility of the traveler
• Not wheelchair accessible
• Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
• Not recommended for participants with back problems
• Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Tour start time: 09:30 or upon request
Operates: NOT AVAILABLE ON TUESDAY
If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.