- duration 16 days
- tour type Self-guided
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Self guided/Independent
- Across England on Wainwright’s Walk
- One of the World’s Great Walks
- Walking from St Bees to Robin Hood’s Bay
- English Lake District, Pennines and North York Moors
Extend your self guided walk on Wainwright's Coast to Coast trail across England. This is the quintessential English hill walking and long distance trail experience: 190 plus miles traversing three national parks and a lot of interesting landscapes, old towns and of course public houses in between! It is amazing to think that this most famous of routes, totally eclipsing the Pennine Way in terms of popularity and variety, is still not classified as a National Trail! Starting at the tiny Cumbrian seaside resort of St. Bees on the Irish Sea we head east, with the wind, into the Lake district to pass by some of its most famous lakes and cross some important passes, with options to extend days (with ascents of peaks such as Helvellyn). Then it is on into the Yorkshire Dales and over the mystical Nine Standards Rig, before following the beautiful River Swale for a couple of days into the old market town of Richmond. There follows a marathon section to link up with the North York Moors National Park from where we roller coaster around to the North Sea Coast to make a triumphant entrance into Robins Hoods Bay where a celebratory pint, bottle of Champagne or ice cream whilst standing in the sea is in order. Along the way you will be amazed at the variety of the dry stone walls, the charming little villages and just how much that you get to eat for a full English cooked breakfast! There are cozy small hotels, guesthouses and pubs to stay at on this tour and these, as well as the rich variety of the people that you meet enroute, reflect something of the great diversity of England.
Day 1 : Arrive St Bees
Day 2 : St. Bees to Ennerdale Bridge 23.5 km/14.5 miles, 6 h
Day 3 : Ennerdale Bridge to Borrowdale 26.5 km/16.5 miles, 7 h
Day 4 : Borrowdale to Grasmere 13.5 km/8.5 miles, 5-6 h via Helm Crag
Day 5 : Grasmere to Glenridding 12 km/7.5 miles, 5.5 h standard route
Day 6 : Glenridding to Bampton Grange 22.5 km/14 miles, 6 h
Day 7 : Bampton Grange to Orton 19.5 km/12 miles, 5 h
Day 8 : Orton to Kirkby Stephen 18 km/11 miles, 5 h
Day 9 : Kirkby Stephen to Keld 24 km/14.5 miles, 6 h or Thwaite 27 km/16.5 miles
Day 10 : Keld or Thwaite to Reeth 20 km/12.5km, 5 h or 18.5 km/11.5 miles, 5 h
Day 11 : Reeth to Richmond 20 km /12.5 miles, 5 h
Day 12 : Richmond to Osmotherley 39 km /24 miles, 9 h
Day 13 : Osmotherley to Blakey 34 km /21 miles, 8-9 h
Day 14 : Blakey to Egton Bridge 16 km/10 miles, 4 h or Grosmont 17.5 km/11 miles
Day 15 : Egton Bridge or Grosmont to Robin Hood's Bay 25.7 km/16 miles, 7 h
Day 16 : Arrangements end after breakfast
- 15 nights accommodation in hotels and guesthouses on a twin share basis with ensuite facilities where available
- Information pack including route notes & maps (1 pack per room booked)
- 15 breakfasts - Full English available most mornings
- One piece of luggage transferred from Inn to Inn, not exceeding 20kg
- Emergency hotline
- GPX Files
- Lunch, Dinner and drinks
- Entrance fees
- Travel to the start and from the end point of the trip
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses such as laundry and phone calls
- Unscheduled transfers required during the trip
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 56+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Coast to Coast Walk - 16 Days tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 325 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure. For any departures within 26 April 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Coast to Coast Walk - 16 Days tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Coast to Coast Walk - 16 Days tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.