- duration 15 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Explore on foot the dramatic landscapes of the Lake District with its' majestic lakes, and rugged mountains
- Appreciate the classic rural countryside of rolling hills and pretty villages of the Yorkshire Dales
- Experience the satisfaction of completing one of Britain’s best long distance hikes from the Irish Sea to the North Sea coast
- Walk the Coast to Coast in the company of your guide and enjoy the hospitality of your hosts along the route
Follow in Wainwright's footsteps on a guided walk along England's famous Coast to Coast trail. The Coast to Coast represents English hill walking and a long distance trail experience at its best: approx 315 km / 195 miles traversing three national parks with lots of interesting landscapes, varying terrain and old towns. It is amazing to think that this most famous of routes, totally eclipsing the Pennine Way in terms of popularity and variety, is still not classified as a National Trail. Starting at the tiny Cumbrian seaside resort of St. Bees on the Irish Sea we climb steeply heading east into the Lake district to pass by some of its most famous lakes and passes. Then it is on into the Yorkshire Dales and over the mystical Nine Standards Rig, before following the beautiful River Swale for a couple of days into the old market town of Richmond. There follows a marathon section to link up with the North York Moors National Park from where we roller coaster up and down around to the North Sea Coast to make a triumphant entrance into Robins Hood's Bay where a celebratory pint, bottle of Champagne or ice cream whilst standing in the sea is in order. Along the way you will be amazed at the variety of the dry stone walls, the charming little villages and just how much that you get to eat for a full English cooked breakfast! There are cozy small hotels, guesthouses and pubs to stay at on this tour and these, as well as the rich variety of the people that you meet en route, reflect something of the great diversity of England.
parts of England. Enjoyed the companionship of the group
and the guide”
up. He is a gem! The trip exceeded my expectations.”
Day 1 : Arrive St Bees
Day 2 : St. Bees to Ennerdale Bridge 23.5 km/14.5 miles, 6 h
Day 3 : Ennerdale Bridge to Borrowdale 26.5 km/16.5 miles, 7 h
Day 4 : Borrowdale to Grasmere 13.5 km/8.5 miles, 5-6 h via Helm Crag
Day 5 : Grasmere to Glenridding 12 km/7.5 miles, 5.5 h standard route
Day 6 : Glenridding to Shap 26 km/16 miles, 7-9 h
Day 7 : Shap to Kirkby Stephen 33 km/20.5 miles, 8 h
Day 8 : Kirkby Stephen to Keld 24 km/14.5 miles, 6 h
Day 9 : Keld to Reeth 20 km/12.5 miles, 5 h or 18.5 km/11.5 miles, 5 h
Day 10 : Reeth to Richmond 20 km /12.5 miles, 5 h
Day 11 : Richmond to Osmotherley 39 km /24 miles, 9 h
Day 12 : Osmotherley to Blakey 34 km /21 miles, 8-9 h
Day 13 : Blakey to Egton Bridge 16 km/10 miles, 4 h or Grosmont 17.5 km/11 miles
Day 14 : Egton Bridge or Grosmont to Robin Hood Bay 25.7 km/16 miles, 7 h
Day 15 : Arrangements end after breakfast
- 14 nights B&B accommodation on a twin share basis usually with private facilities
- 14 breakfasts
- One piece of luggage per person transferred from Inn to Inn, not exceeding 20kg
- Walking guide accompanying group
- Dinners, lunches & beverages
- Entrance fees
- Travel to the start and from the end point of the trip
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses such as laundry and phone calls
- Unscheduled transfers required during the trip
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 120 today.
- Save US$ 80+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Coast to Coast Classic Guided Walk tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Coast to Coast Classic Guided Walk tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Coast to Coast Classic Guided Walk tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.