- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 4
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Hike with snowshoes through the Bulgarian Mountains
- Snowshoe through old mountain forests, high plateaus and stunning winter scenery
- Revel in the beauty of nature amid winter
- Visit the UNESCOlisted Rila Monastery
Snowshoe walking may appear easy and fun, yet it still calls for some stamina because walking through snow can be tiring! Suitable for beginner or inexperienced snowshoers, you will rapidly get used to using the poles and snowshoes on thick, fluffy virgin mountain snow. The program is moderate to difficult and suitable for people in good physical shape. Depending on the weather and snow cover, your guide may change the proposed routes.
Day 1: Arrival
Day 2: Hike in the Vitosha Mountian
Day 3: Malyovitsa Valley Trek
Day 4: Trek to the foot of the Musala Peak
Day 5: The Seven Rila Lakes
Day 6: The Bezbog Peak
Day 7: The Rila Monastery UNESCO World Heritge Site
Day 8: Departure
- 7 Breakfasts and 7 Dinners
- Transfers to and from Sofia Airport (on first/last tour date only)
- All other transfers in the itinerary
- Accommodation and catering as in the itinerary
- English-speaking mountain guide
- Rental of snowshoes and poles
- Cable car tickets
- All local taxes
- Museum entry charges
- Extra food and drink
- Mountain maps
- Medical insurance
- Personal expenses
- Save US$ 26+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
40% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 60 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 60 days prior departure, but the 40% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 60 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 40% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 60 days prior departure. For any bookings within 60 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationThe program is moderate to difficult and suitable for people in good physical shape. Depending on the weather and snow cover, your guide may change the proposed routes. For all international group tours, you need to plan on landing in Sofia before 15:00 on the tour starting date and leave after 11:00 on the last tour date (otherwise extra fees for private transfers may apply; consult us for details).