- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- duration 8 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Self guided/Independent
- Enjoy the scenery and lifestyle in the Rhodopes, Bulgaria’s most lyrical mountain range
- Hike amid rounded hills, centuriesold forests and lush meadows
- Witness traditional village life and taste delicious local meals
- Carry only a day pack while hiking
Along with its wonderful climate, the mountains offer the perfect setting for gentle hiking amid pastoral landscapes, valleys dotted with picturesque villages, verdant meadows with grazing flocks of goats and sheep, ancient deciduous forests, Roman roads and bridges, and an enormous diversity of natural phenomena like the Trigradsko Zhdrelo Gorge, the Yagodinska Peshtera and Dyavolsko Garlo (The Devil’s Throat) caves, and the Chudni Mostove rock bridges. A visit to Bachkovo Monastery (the second largest in Bulgaria) and options to join free walking tours of Sofia and Plovdiv cities are also included in the program.
One of the highlights of this trip is that you don’t need to carry heavy gear, you can walk every day with just a daypack! The rest of the luggage either remains inside the transfer vehicle or in your accommodation. This hiking tour also includes accommodations and all transfers, including those to and from Sofia Airport (contact us for details in case you land on the different airport). The walking trek is moderately arduous. Paths are well marked and in addition, each client receives a map and route highlights in English.
Traventuria does a first class plus job of organising the trip, with being met and the airport, organising DBB accom, baggage carrying, maps etc. All their drivers arrived early and were happy to accommodate our needs, and our hosts at the accom were so friendly.
Also we had a few problems that meant many last minute changes, Traventurias manager Ivailo was always happy to accommodate, and all correspondence with him was very efficient.
Day 1: Arrival
Day 2: From Devin to Trigrad
Day 3: Trigrad - Vodni pad - Trigrad
Day 4: Trigrad - Zhrebevo - Trigrad
Day 5: From Beden to Lyaskovo
Day 6: Lyaskovo - Marvelous bridges - Kossovo houses
Day 7: Plovdiv and Bachkovo monastery
Day 8: Departure
- 7 Breakfasts and 6 Dinners
- Transfers to and from Sofia Airport (on first/last tour date only)
- All other transfers in the itinerary
- Accommodation and catering as in the itinerary
- Luggage transfers, to allow you to carry only a day pack
- Detailed route descriptions in English
- A Rhodopes tourist map
- 24/7 emergency hotline
- All local taxes
- Rent of hiking poles
- Cave entry charges
- Extra food and drink
- Travel/medical insurance
- SPA procedures
- Earn US$ 23+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
20% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure, but the 20% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 20% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationThe hiking time only is mentioned on each day (not including stops for pictures, picnics, breaks etc.); these are based on an average hiker’s speed of around 4 to 5km/hr on flat terrain, additional 30min for each 300m elevation gain, and a backpack weighing not more than 10 to 15% of your body weight. Still, this varies a lot on the terrain and hiking experience of each client. You may book additional nights in Sofia or Plovdiv before or after the tour, and/or day trips with us to heritage sites like Koprivshtitsa or Veliko Tarnovo, or a mountain day trip to the Musala summit in the Rila Mountains (the Balkans’ highest at 2925m/9596ft) and the Seven Rila Lakes.