- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Ascend Bulgaria's two highest peaks
- Enjoy the wellpreserved flora and fauna of the 'Pirin' and 'Rila' National Parks, with varied birdlife, brown bear, wolves and a wealth of alpine flowers.
- Visit the Rila Monastery, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Sample Bulgaria's tasty national cuisine and outstanding regional wines.
South-western Bulgaria is dominated by two dramatic mountain ranges, the Pirin and the equally imposing Rila. We begin in the Pirin Mountains, trekking across glacial moraines and high passes and attempting an ascent of Mt Vihren (2914m). Moving on to the Rila Mountains, we visit the Rila Monastery, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Then cross the mountain range, through ancient forests to the glacial lakes for which these mountains are famed. We conclude by summiting Musala (2925m), the highest peak in south-eastern Europe, before returning to Sofia.
Hike across the Todrina Porta pass (2500m) via Vasilashki and Bandersihki
Ascent of Mt. Vihren (2914m), the highest peak in the Pirin Mountains.
Visit the Rila Monastery, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and walk in the
surrounding nature reserve.
Panoramic hike through the heart of the Rila Mountains.
Ascent of Mt Malyovitsa (2729m).
Ascent of Mt Musala (2925m); transfer to Sofia.
- 7 nights in comfortable tourist-class hotels offering twin rooms with private facilities , All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 6 lunches and 5 dinners included
- Travel by private minibus
- Transfers for group flights
- 6 days walking
- Group normally 6 to 16, plus leader. Min age 18 yrs
- Altitude maximum 2925m, average 2000m
- Trip can be combined with Bulgaria: Rodopi Mountains (TDB)
- Any international flights to/from Sofia are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this High Peaks of Bulgaria tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 49+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this High Peaks of Bulgaria tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 140 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 08 June 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
High Peaks of Bulgaria tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this High Peaks of Bulgaria tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.