- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Ascend Bulgaria's two highest peaksEnjoy the wellpreserved flora and fauna of the 'Pirin' and 'Rila' National Parks, with varied birdlife, brown bear, wolves and a wealth of alpine flowers.Visit the Rila Monastery, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.Sample Bulgaria's tasty national cuisine and outstanding regional wines
South-western Bulgaria is dominated by two dramatic mountain ranges, the Pirin and the equally imposing Rila. We begin in the Pirin Mountains, trekking across glacial moraines and high passes and attempting an ascent of Mt Vihren (2914m). Moving on to the Rila Mountains, we visit the Rila Monastery, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Then cross the mountain range, through ancient forests to the glacial lakes for which these mountains are famed. We conclude by summiting Musala (2925m), the highest peak in south-eastern Europe, before returning to Sofia.
Day 1: Start Bansko
Day 2: Hike across the Todrina Porta pass (2500m) via Vasilashki and Bandersihki
Day 3: Ascent of Mt. Vihren (2914m), the highest peak in the Pirin Mountains.
Day 4: Visit the Rila Monastery, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and walk in the
surrounding nature reserve.
Day 5: Panoramic hike through the heart of the Rila Mountains.
Day 6: Ascent of Mt Malyovitsa (2729m).
Day 7: Ascent of Mt Musala (2925m); transfer to Sofia.
Day 8: End Sofia.
- 7 nights in comfortable tourist-class hotels offering twin rooms with private facilities 6 days walking Group normally 6 to 16, plus leader. Min age 18 yrsAltitude maximum 2925m, average 2000mTravel by private minibusTrip can be combined with Bulgaria: Rodopi Mountains (TDB) ,All breakfasts, 6 lunches and 5 dinners includedAll accommodationTransfers for group flights
- Any international flights to/from Sofia are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this High Peaks of Bulgaria tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 84 today.
- Earn US$ 56+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this High Peaks of Bulgaria tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 24 September 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 24 September 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
High Peaks of Bulgaria tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this High Peaks of Bulgaria tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.