- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Stunning mountain landscapes with deep gorges, spectacular caves, ancient forests and flowering meadowsUnique flora rich in orchids and endemic speciesOutstanding fauna, including brown bear, wallcreeper and an exceptional variety of rare butterfliesUnique opportunities to experience daily life in a traditional Bulgarian villageDelicious homeproduced local cuisine
The Rodopi Mountains are a hauntingly beautiful and mysterious region which, according to legend were the home of Orpheus. Today they offer a refuge for many exceptionally rare plants, as well as brown bears, wolves, wild cats and a prolific number of butterflies and birds.This holiday provides the opportunity to discover the amazingly rich cultural and natural heritage of these remote mountains as we walk through a variety of landscapes including ancient coniferous forests and rugged limestone gorges, we also visit two impressive caves, and engage with the local people who maintain their traditional rural existence, working the fields by hand and tending their livestock on the surrounding meadows and pastures.
Day 1: Start Sofia Airport; transfer to Yagodina.
Day 2: Walk from Zmeitsa along route of ancient Roman road through meadows, forests
and fields to the Buinovo Gorge.
Day 3: Walk along the Chairska Gorge; cross the Trigrad Plateau and visit the
Devil's Throat Cave.
Day 4: Walk around Mt Durdaga through a variety of habitats with rich flora and
Day 5: Traversing the highest peaks of the Rodopi along the Perelik Ridge and Mt.
Day 6: Sveti Ilia ridge walk with panoramic views over Yagodina and most of the
Day 7: Buinovo Gorge and Devinska Reka. Transfer to Sofia.
Day 8: End Sofia.
- Village, 1 night in a comfortable hotel in
- All breakfasts, 6 lunches and 7 dinners included
- Travel by minibus
- Transfer for group flights
- Group normally 6 to 16 plus leader.
- 6 nights in a traditional rural settlement in
- All rooms en suite
- 6 days centre-based walking
- Min age 16 yrs
- Altitude maximum 2188m, average 1350m
- All accomodation
- Any international flights to/from Sofia are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Bulgaria: Rodopi Mountains tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 65+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Bulgaria: Rodopi Mountains tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 20 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 20 November 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Bulgaria: Rodopi Mountains tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Bulgaria: Rodopi Mountains tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.