- duration 8 days
- tour type Self-guided
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Self guided/Independent
- Experiencing the untouched Rila Mountains, the highest in Bulgaria and the Balkan Peninsula, including the highest peak Mt Musala (2925m)
- Trekking in the Pirin Mountains, the second highest in Bulgaria and third on the Balkan Peninsula, including the highest peak Mt Vihren (2914m)
- Visiting Rila Monastery (1147m), Bulgaria's most impressive monastery due to its size, natural surroundings, architecture, wall paintings and ancient history
- Bansko (925m), situated at the northeastern foot of the Pirin Mountains beneath the highest and the most beautiful Karst part of the mountains, and a major ski resort
Explore the highest mountain ranges of the Balkan Peninsula on foot. The Rila and Pirin mountain ranges of Bulgaria are home to vast alpine meadows, glacial lakes, rare vegetation and a rich variety of fauna. In the Rila Mountains, the highest peak, Musala (2925m) is a focal point of this engaging walk on which you only need to carry a day pack. Superb mountain vistas, hidden villages brimming with traditional culture and a visit to Rila Monastery, Bulgaria's most famous monastery, are some of the many highlights of the program. Based in 3 star hotels in Govedartsi and Bansko and a mountain hut in the Pirin Range, this trip will appeal to keen walkers seeking an alternative mountain experience in a country that simply teems with history and beautiful natural landscapes.
Day 1 : Arrive Sofia, transfer from airport to your hotel (for arrivals 9am-7pm only)
Day 2 : Transfer to Borovets and ascend Musala Peak (2925m/6hrs), transfer to Govedartsi
Day 3 : Walk to Prekorechki Lakes and return to hotel (6.5hrs)
Day 4 : Seven Rila Lakes and Rila Monastery (5hrs)
Day 5 : Trek across the Central Pirin (6hrs)
Day 6 : Continue trek to Demyanitsa Hut, transfer to Bansko (6hrs)
Day 7 : Ascend Mt Vihren (2914m)(6-7hrs), transfer to Sofia (2.5hrs)
Day 8 : Transfer to Sofia airport, trip concludes
- 6 nights in 3 star hotels on a twin share basis with ensuite facilities, 1 night multishare dorm in mountain hut (mixed dormitory room with outside WC and no showers)
- Arrival & departure transfers between Sofia airport and the hotel on days 1 and 8
- 7 breakfasts, 5 dinners - Continental breakfasts are served and will often consist of breads, spreads, yoghurt, cheese, tea, coffee & juices. Dinner is generally 3 courses consisting of a mixture of local and international dishes.
- Transfers throughout as described in the itinerary
- Luggage transfer except days 5-6
- English speaking mountain guide
- Lift tickets as per itinerary
- VAT and all local taxes
- Travel to and from Sofia
- Lunch (allow approx €3 for lunch box or €4-€10 for 3 course lunch), dinner in Sofia on day 1 and 7 and drinks
- Items of a personal nature
- Entrance fees
- Maps (may be requested in advance when the trip is booked)
- Travel insurance
- Transfers not listed as included
- Luggage transfer on days 5/6 where you will be required to carry your overnight requirements
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 39 today.
- Save US$ 26+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Bulgaria on Foot tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Bulgaria on Foot tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Bulgaria on Foot tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
Twin Share room may not always be available for solo travelers, as it depends on each individual tour departure. If Twin Share room is not available for the departure you have booked, we will let you know.