- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 12 days
- tour type Small group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 12
- guiding method Fully guided
- Footprint carbonneutralCO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
Meet the colourful cultures and people of the marvellous Balkans. Adventure through the ‘Powder Keg’ of Europe in exquisite style over 12 days and 7 countries. Soak in the incredible natural beauty and unparalleled cultural diversity of the stunning Balkans. From the vibrant streets of Sofia and Belgrade to the serenity of Bosnia & Herzegovina, Montenegro and Albania, while witnessing the gorgeous shift of the landscape. Connect with the authentic culture while discovering medieval ramparts, quaint villages and unforgettable highlights on the Best of Balkans.
Day 1: Sofia
Day 2: Sofia - Belgrade
Day 3: Belgrade
Day 4: Belgrade - Sarajevo
Day 5: Sarajevo - Mostar - Trebinje
Day 6: Trebinje - Dubrovnik - Trebinje
Day 7: Trebinje - Kotor - Shkodra
Day 8: Shkodra - Tirana - Ohrid
Day 9: Ohrid - St. Naum - Ohrid
Day 10: Ohrid - Skopje
Day 11: Skopje - Matka Canyon
Day 12: Skopje
- 5 Star Characteristic Hotels : Accommodation in authentic, comfortable and ideally located premium hotels.
- Exceptional Authentic Dining : 11 Breakfasts, 10 Dinners
- Luxury Transportation : Deluxe air-conditioned coach.
- Private Airport Transfer : Complimentary private airport transfers on arrival and departure dates.
- Travel Director : Expert Travel Director & Local Guides
- All Entrance Fees To All Sights : Entrance fees to all cultural, historical and natural sites on tour.
- Baggage Handling : Seamless baggage handling, delivered to your room at every hotel.
- All Tips, Taxes And Porterage Charges : Tips at the hotels and restaurants, all taxes and porterage fees.
- Free Wi-Fi : Complimentary hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- Any international flights to Sofia and from Skopje are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Best of Balkans tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Save US$ 155 today.
- Earn US$ 103+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Best of Balkans tour. You can cancel the tour up to 33 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 32 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 24 June 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 24 June 2022, a deposit of 100 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 32 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Best of Balkans tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Best of Balkans tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.AGE REQUIREMENTS Most of our guests are seasoned travellers with years of experience, looking to discover a culture in exquisite style. They are passionate to explore new things, connect with the local fabric and spend quality time on a comfortable adventure. The majority of our guests are from the United States, Australia, United Kingdom, Canada and Europe. COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- This tour will implement group sizes smaller than usual, allowing you more personal space on the vehicles, sights visited, hotels and restaurants.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days before your departure day.
How many days are enough for Europe?
You can spend a couple of months exploring Europe and still feel like you have not seen everything. Generally speaking, a two-week Europe trip should be just enough if you are looking to cover its major highlights. However, if you want a comprehensive travel experience within this duration, it is better that you focus on a region or a few countries rather than traveling all over the continent.
Choose a single country or schedule your trip around a handful of cities in different countries. While larger European cities may require three to four days to explore, you can get around smaller destinations in a day or two. Planning your trip around a particular region will cut down your travel time and save your time in transit.
How do I plan a 15-day trip to Europe?
If you are planning to visit multiple countries, you should prepare a tentative list of destinations you are interested in. If it is your first trip, stick to major cities and cultural centers for the sake of simplicity and convenience. Also, be flexible and optimize your travel time and budget. Be open to changing your itinerary depending on schedules and ticket prices.
Where to travel in Europe?
Europe has swathes of spectacular landscapes, a rich history, and vibrant cultures. Therefore, deciding on the best travel destinations on the continent can be difficult. However, you can narrow down on highlights by choosing one overarching theme for your trip.
If you are looking forward to immersing yourself in art and history, then Italy, Spain, and France should be on the top of your list. Head for Switzerland, Norway, or Croatia if nature is what you love the most. For beaches and water sports, you will be hard-pressed to find better destinations than Greece, Portugal, and Montenegro.
Having said that, you can also diversify your itinerary by mixing and matching different elements of the same country. Italy tops the charts not just for its medieval monuments and Renaissance art but also for coastal scenery and sun-soaked beaches. Similarly, Spain is a foodie paradise as much as it is an architectural hotspot.
How to travel around Europe cheap?
Bus services like FlixBus and BusAbout offer a convenient means of transport if you wish to move from one city to another within the same country. Although these services do travel between countries, they might not be the best choice due to a longer travel time.
Budget airlines are another great way to get around Europe’s major cities, especially when you want to cut down on travel time between two countries. Keep an eye out and you might be able to snag tickets at unbelievable rates. Services like Skyscanner can be of help. Some of the largest budget airlines in the continent are Ryanair, WizzAir, Eurowings, and EasyJet.
Ridesharing services are a godsend for those wishing to immerse themselves in local culture as they offer you the chance to catch a ride with locals along the way. BlaBlaCar is the largest one. The only downside is that it is not always as easy to book a rideshare service as it is to catch a bus or hop on a budget flight.
What is the best travel insurance for Europe?
There are dozens of insurance companies offering travel insurance, which can make it difficult for you to choose the right one.
There are a number of things that you should be aware of while purchasing travel insurance. If it is comprehensive medical insurance plans that you are interested in, make sure to find out what all the plan covers. If you are concerned about certain scenarios, then check out customizable travel insurance policies and find out if the provider can cover you for those situations. You also need to determine if there are reasonable coverage limits. Check deductibles and compensation limits in the insurance policy for this.
While insurance is important, it is mostly a safeguard against emergencies. If you are on a budget, you can go with the second- or even third-best option and prioritize getting your money’s worth instead of purchasing the most comprehensive coverage.