- Sightseeing tour
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Art and architecture
- Young Adults
- Chase Alexander the Great from Macedonia to Greece and uncover the mysteries of floating monasteries of Meteora
- Touch shoulders with countless Balkan civilizations as you witness their beautiful interaction and create lifelong travel memories
- Explore the lively Croatian coast
- Enjoy the calming serenity and charm of Albania and Montenegro
Join on a discovery of the iconic cities and impressive highlights of the Balkans. Get to discover Sofia, Skopje, Belgrade, Sarajevo and Tirana. Roam the ever-popular and lively Croatian coast while craving the calming serenity and charm of Albania and Montenegro. Chase Alexander the Great from Macedonia to Greece and uncover the mysteries of floating monasteries of Meteora. Meet the Oracle of Delhi before climbing up to the Acropolis to get a panoramic view of a capital of ancient world, Athens. Above all, touch shoulders with countless Balkan civilizations as you witness their beautiful interaction and create lifelong travel memories.
**For 2022 departures, Shkoder visit will be replaced by Budva stay & orientation walk.
Day 1: Sofia
Day 2: Sofia, Belgrade
Day 3: Belgrade, Sarajevo
Day 4: Sarajevo, Mostar,Trebinje
Day 5: Trebinje, Dubrovnik, Trebinje
Day 6: Trebinje, Kotor, Shkoder
Day 7: Shkoder, Tirana, Ohrid
Day 8: Ohrid, Skopje
Day 9: Skopje, Thessaloniki
Day 10: Kalambaka, Meteora, Delphi
Day 11: Delphi, Athens
Day 12: Athens
- 4 & 3 star hotels
- 11 breakfasts
- Air-conditioned coach or mini-bus
- Arrival airport transfer from Sofia Airport to the hotel on day 1
- Services of experienced Travel Talk local guides licenced by the Ministry of Tourism
- Complimentary hotel Wi-Fi access ( where available )
- Any flights not mentioned above
- Travel Insurance
- Meals not stated above
- Items of a personal nature
- Tips and gestures
- Entrance fees to the sights and museums
- Optional activities
- Other services not stated in the itinerary
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 55+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this All About Balkans tour. You can cancel the tour up to 63 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 62 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 06 April 2023, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 06 April 2023, a deposit of 80 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 62 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
All About Balkans tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this All About Balkans tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Larger tour groups will be separated according to the local physical distancing regulations.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days before your departure day.
How many days are enough for Europe?
You can spend a couple of months exploring Europe and still feel like you have not seen everything. Generally speaking, a two-week Europe trip should be just enough if you are looking to cover its major highlights. However, if you want a comprehensive travel experience within this duration, it is better that you focus on a region or a few countries rather than traveling all over the continent.
Choose a single country or schedule your trip around a handful of cities in different countries. While larger European cities may require three to four days to explore, you can get around smaller destinations in a day or two. Planning your trip around a particular region will cut down your travel time and save your time in transit.
What should I pack to travel to Greece?
Greece is the ideal summer destination, so you are more than likely to spend most of your time outdoors. So, do not forget your summer essentials like sunscreen, sunglasses, a hat, and comfortable hiking boots. Also, many cruise ship casinos and restaurants require formal dress at night. Thus, you may want to bring a jacket or dinner dress along.
Are credit cards accepted in Greece?
Although Greece favors cash transactions, credit cards are still widely accepted by most establishments. Tourism businesses such as travel agencies, hotels, and car rental businesses are actually required by law to have a POS machine. However, small businesses may not have one. So, ask beforehand.
Do people in Greece speak English?
English is widely spoken in Greece. About half of the Greek population speaks English, and you should not have any problems communicating in tourist hotspots like Athens, Santorini, Rhodes, etc. You will find road signs, metro stops, and menus in these places written in both Greek and English. However, you will meet fewer English speakers as you move further inland.
How many days should I spend in Greece?
If you are visiting Greece for Athens and a bit of island hopping, a five-day itinerary should be just perfect. However, if you desire to explore Greece's storied mainland cities and breathtaking islands, you will need more time. You can read our in-depth guide to learn more about how long you should spend in Greece.