- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Great range of winter activities
- Fantastic value for money
- Traditional Slovak culture
- Visit the Bukowina Thermal Pools
A snow-laden landscape is always a wonderful sight in the mountains. For some it means heading to the slopes, for others it means strapping on the snowshoes or harnessing the dogs. There are so many different options it can be hard to choose. Luckily during this week that isn’t a problem: from our base high in the Tatra Mountains we enjoy a fantastic week trying a host of the most popular winter sports, including downhill skiing and snowshoeing. We also experience dogsledding in this unique high mountain atmosphere. Add to that a visit to nearby thermal pools and you have the perfect way to experience winter at its best.This trip is also perfect for families wishing to experience a wonderful week of winter activities and there are 2 dedicated family departures scheduled for 9th and 16th February 2020.
Day 1: Start Smokovec.
Day 2: A full day introduction to snowshoeing.
Day 3: Cross-country skiing instruction followed by a guided itinerary at Strbske
Day 4: A trip to the Tatra mountains for dogsledding: tour of the town, afternoon
visit to the thermal pools at Bukowina Tatranska.
Day 5: Transfer to the downhill slopes for some skiing or snowboarding (instruction
available, payable locally).
Day 6: Free day to choose from the many activities and attractions, such as the
Day 7: Cable car ride up to Hrebienok for winter walk, afternoon horse and sleigh
tour of Zdiar village and picnic in the forest.
Day 8: End Smokovec, Tatras Mountains.
- 7 nights accommodation at Hotel Villa Siesta , All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 2 lunches and 1 dinner
- Transfer for group flights
- 5 days of mixed activities
- Group normally 4 to 16, plus local leader. Min age 16 yrs
- No previous experience necessary but reasonable fitness required
- Family departures available
- Any international flights to/from Smokovec are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Tatra Winter Activity Week tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 66+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Tatra Winter Activity Week tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 188 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 29 July 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Tatra Winter Activity Week tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Tatra Winter Activity Week tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.