- duration 12 hours
- tour type Group Tour
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 16+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Iceland's highest summit
- Vatnajökull Glacier
- Once in a lifetime must!
- Panoramic views
The ascent of the highest peak in Iceland, Hvannadals- hnúkur (2110 m / 6900 ft) is a once-in-a-lifetime must.
The peak is located in the north-western rim of the Öræfajökull volcano and promises an unforgettable hike with breathtaking panoramic views. To kick off your adventure packed day, you will meet your highly qualified guide at our sales lodge for a briefing. No special technical skills are required but we recommend packing the items on our equipment list. The climb will be mentally and physically grueling but it is worth it. At the summit, you will witness the rugged outlet glaciers of Vatnajökull glacier and the vast sandy plains of the rivers that drain off that great glacier. This tour combines marvelous nature and a demanding hike for an unforgettable experience.
- A briefing with your guide that takes place at 18:00 the evening before. Please contact our office at +354 587 9999 or email@example.com for further information.
- Guiding services
- Ice gear
- Safety equipment
- Rain gear
- Hiking boots
- Warm clothing
- Bookmundi is partner with Icelandic Mountain Guides. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save +US$ 13 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 57 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 19 December 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Hvannadalshnúkur - Iceland's highest summit tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Hvannadalshnúkur - Iceland's highest summit tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.