- duration 4 hours
- tour type Group
- age requirement 10+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- See the city sights from a unique perspective: aboard a bike!
- Visit Singapore’s most iconic sites, seen from vantage points where big buses can’t take you
- Learn about the history and heritage of Singapore, from the oldest neighbourhood to the modern Marina Bay
- Stretch your legs as you refuel with local snacks and drinks
Hop aboard two wheels and take in all the iconic sites of Singapore on this ultimate intro to the city! Pedal through the city’s oldest neighbourhood, biggest cultural hub, and along the famed Marina Bay as you zip in and out of Singapore’s nooks and crannies.
This Singapore bike tour shows you the best of the city’s sights, all aboard two wheels! Zip through the city via the biggest cultural enclave, where new and old converge. Experience the oldest residential zone, where British-era buildings still stand. Ride along the beautiful and historical Singapore River and learn how it was the heart of the city’s commercial development. We’ve crammed it all into this epic ride!
Along the way, we’ll take a break to stretch our legs, and you’ll have the option of sipping some local coffee, or cooling off with a glass of refreshing calamansi juice (a local treat similar to lemonade). We’ll also refuel with a delectable local snack such as kaya toast (bread or crackers topped with a mix of coconut milk, butter, and sugar).
Our biking adventure will include a visit to the cultural enclave of Kampong Glam, a historic district where Malays and Arabs once settled. We’ll zip through the nooks and crannies, where rows of boutique shops and Middle Eastern cafés beckon locals. You’ll have lots of opportunities to stop and snap photos, and you’ll hear intriguing stories (with a bit of trivia!) from your local expert guide. From there, we’ll explore Bussorah Street, often referred to as Little Istanbul. Here, you’ll find many Turkish diners and shops selling souvenirs.
As the morning heat builds up, we’ll take a respite from the sun by cooling off at the Malay Heritage Centre. Here we can top up our water bottles with ice-cold water from the cooler provided.
Our bike tour will continue along Beach Road, which was once the coastline of the city but has since been pushed inland to accommodate land being reclaimed for buildings and businesses. Imagine, almost 13,000 football fields’ worth of land has been reclaimed since the 1960s!
As we cycle, we can marvel over the architecture along the coastline, where many of the buildings were built based on Chinese feng shui. We’ll eventually reach the famous Raffles Hotel, which is the jewel in the crown of our hotels in Singapore. It’s also home to the beloved Singapore sling — a pineapple cocktail made with gin. This 128-year-old building was once a bungalow by the beach, visited by many famous people, including Queen Elizabeth II and Michael Jackson.
We’ll finish up our Singapore tour with a visit to the colonial district, where you can see buildings that remind you of the old British rule. For the grand finale we’ll catch a glimpse of the beautiful waterfront at Marina Bay, including the spectacular Marina Bay Sands — a resort that cost a whopping USD 5.7 billion to build.
- Local English-speaking guide
- Bike and helmet rental
- Mineral water
- Snacks as specified in the itinerary.
- Additional food and drinks
- souvenirs and items of a personal nature
- tips/gratuities for your guide.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this Bike About Singapore tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
For any tour departures within 21 January 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 21 January 2021, a deposit of 100% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 0 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Bike About Singapore tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Bike About Singapore tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
1 North Bridge Road, High Street Centre. Basement 1, Unit number 29. Singapore 179094 (opposite the Parliament House, along north boat quay ) Look for Singapore Urban Adventures sign.Meeting end point :
North Bridge RoadCOVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour follows established guidelines that are in line with the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ framework against COVID-19.
- This tour follows the local government(s) recommendations for gatherings and group sizes.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing is highly encouraged on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.