- Museum and gallery visits
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Classes and workshops
- Art and architecture
- duration 8 hours
- tour type Small group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 5+ years old
- max group size 8
- guiding method Fully guided
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date prior to 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour You can select a new tour run by the same operator up to 30 days before departure.
- Visit San Gimignano, Volterra and Monteriggioni
- Taste dishes prepared with saffron accompanied by refreshing Vernaccia white wine
- Stop at a small artisanal alabaster workshop to meet traditional craftsman
- Explore ancient ruins, medieval alleys and towers, convivial squares and elegant palazzi
We then continue to the fascinating town of San Gimignano, one of the most characteristic of Tuscany’s hill-towns with its many austere medieval towers that defiantly survived the centuries and are still standing today. It has recently been recognized as a UNESCO world heritage site as a testimony of medieval architecture.
Here we can walk along the ancient route of the Via Francigena, the main route to Rome for travelers and pilgrims from all over Europe. Today, the bustling San Gimignano flourishes with artisanal boutiques of the local trades and stores selling the towns ‘red gold’, the saffron spice and the centuries old Vernaccia white wine.
After spending time visiting San Gimignano and its the stores, churches and museums. We make our way to a small family run farm where we enjoy a wholesome traditional lunch prepared using the farm's own seasonal products. During lunch you will taste dishes prepared with saffron accompanied by the refreshing Vernaccia white wine.
After lunch we continue on panoramic roads towards Volterra where we will first stop at a small artisanal alabaster workshop to meet the traditionalist craftsman and witness the ancient art of sculpting this semiprecious stone in the company of the jovial artists. We proceed to Volterra, the ancient Velathri, a harmonious blend of Etruscan, Roman, Medieval and Renaissance art and architecture.
You will have free time to walk along the streets of the historical centre visiting the town’s famous Etruscan museum, the still standing millennia old Etruscan arch, the Roman theatre and the other monuments of town.
- Lunch at an organic family run farm
- Saffron and Vernaccia wine tasting
- Round trip transportation in air conditioned minivan
- visit the workshop of an alabaster craftsman
- gratuities (optional)
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.Other Practical InformationOn some occasions the itinerary might vary a little. However, the day will maintain a similar general imprint, same duration and have all the same inclusions.