- Wine tasting tour
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Farm and plantation visits
- duration 8 hours
- tour type Small group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 5+ years old
- max group size 8
- guiding method Fully guided
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date prior to 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour You can select a new tour run by the same operator up to 30 days before departure.
- See the magical landscapes of the Crete Senesi and Val d’Orcia
- Explore and enjoy the hill town of Pienza with free time for exploring
- Savour a traditional lunch at an organic dairy farm
We then enter the UNESCO heritage site of the Val D’orcia valley where you come across some of Tuscany’s most famous postcard pictures. We arrive at the beautiful utopian renaissance town of Pienza, one of the first towns to be entirely planned out on paper by architects and artists of the time. They were called upon by Pope Pius II - the humanist pope to help him in renovating his native town and bringing it to new splendor.
Pienza is rightly considered the gem of the renaissance in the Val d’Orcia. You will also have the opportunity of viewing the Romanesque church of Corsignano or spend your time shopping and enjoying the pretty alleys of this little town. After Pienza we make our way to a local dairy farm for a wholesome and refreshing lunch based on the fresh ingredients produced on the farm. Here you can learn about cheese making process, visit the farm's animals and learn about the lifestyle of the area. Lunch will be served on a panoramic terrace, weather permitting.
In the afternoon, we visit one of the biggest of the Tuscan hill towns, Montepulciano. This town was at first under the dominance of the medieval Siena and then under the renaissance Florence. Here you can recognize the influences of both towns in its architecture and art. The town is located on a steep hill overlooking the amazing views of Tuscany - Umbria border.
Visit the main square, Piazza Grande, and explore one of the many old wineries carved out of the ground below the city. This town is rich with many important palaces owned by the noble families that lived here.
After a short walk around town with your guide, you have free time for tasting the "Nobile" of Montepulciano or you may pass time visiting the town and its many stores, palaces, churches and streets.
As you follow the main road downhill, you can try to picture the “Bravio delle Botti” - a town festival that included a competition among the neighborhoods of the town that raced wine barrels from the bottom of the hill to the top.
- Expert English-speaking driver/guide
- Lunch in an organic dairy farm with spectacular views of Val d'Orcia
- Round trip transportation
- Visits to Pienza & Montepulciano with leisure time and wine tasting
- gratuities (optional)
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.Other Practical InformationYour meeting point is at the Basilica of San Domenico in Siena at 9:30am. It is easy to find even if you are arriving from out of town or in your own car, as there is ample parking in the vicinity. Here you will meet your driver/guide for the start of the tour. On some occasions, the itinerary might vary a little. However, the day will maintain a similar general imprint, same duration and have all the same inclusions.