- Wine tasting tour
- Countryside and village visits
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 4 hours
- tour type Small group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 5+ years old
- max group size 16
- guiding method Fully guided
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date prior to 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour You can select a new tour run by the same operator up to 30 days before departure.
- Visit castles, historical sites, vineyards and olive groves
- Walk along hiking trails through vineyards and forests
- Enjoy the company of an expert, local guide
- Enjoy our guided organic wine tasting in Monteriggioni
This route, that has for centuries been a highway of men and emotions, a spiritual pilgrimage and a wealthy trade route, has been forgotten and almost entirely relegated to history by the modern paved car roads. Only recently the route has been brought back from the grip of modernity and is today enjoyed by many pilgrims and hikers alike. Experience the beauty of the mixture between the Tuscan countryside and the glory of its medieval past, still present in its wonderfully preserved castles, villages and ruins.
See the Tuscany you would never want to miss before returning home, pass through forests and fields, vineyards and olive groves from Siena to the imposing fortress of Monteriggioni. A medieval walled town located on a natural hillock, built by the Sienese in the thirteenth century as a bastion of defense in their wars against Florence. It withstood many attacks from both the Florentines and the forces of the Bishop of Volterra until in an act of reconciliation with the Medicis, the town’s captain simply handed the keys of the town over to the Medicean forces - considered a "great betrayal" by the town's people. Once in Monteriggioni, you will enjoy a guided tasting of local organic wines before saying goodbye to your guide for the end of the tour. Feel free to explore the village and the surrounding area at your own pace.
You will be given a bus ticket to return to Siena. Buses leave on the hour (every hour) and can be taken at whatever time you prefer from the nearby bus stop.
The hiking tour is suitable for anyone in good physical condition and with experience in long walks. It is highly recommended you wear comfortable clothes and shoes, to bring water, a hat and in summer, sun cream.
- Services of a guide
- Transport to starting point for the tour
- Return bus ticket to Siena
- wine tasting of 3 local wines
- gratuities (optional)
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.Other Practical InformationThe tour starts in front of the Pharmacy outside of the Siena Train station on Monday and Thursday mornings, with pick up at 09:00 am from in front of the Pharmacy. The hiking tour is suitable for anyone in good physical condition - no experience is required. It is highly recommended that you wear comfortable clothes and shoes, bring water, a hat, and sun-screen. The normal operation of the activities is subject to weather conditions. In case the tour has to be cancelled due to adverse weather conditions, we will offer the choice to tour on an alternate date or receive a full refund.