- duration 5 hours
- tour type Group
- tour_type Group tour
- age requirement 6+ yrs
- age_requirement 6+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Travel by remork (Cambodian tuk tuk) and local boat.
- Visit a floating and stilted fishing village on the Tonle Sap Lake.
- See seasonal Cambodian agriculture and aquaculture activities such as a duck farm prahoc (Cambodian fish paste) making, lotus and cricket harvesting.
- Explore a local village and Buddhist Monastery
When the heat and crowds of the city get a bit much, join this Siem Reap tour to spend a day out on the water among the floating villages and farms of Tonle Sap. Recharge on the lake where villagers fish and farm is the perfect antidote to Angkor overload (it happens).
Discover Siem Reap's secrets as you explore by remork (Cambodian tuk tuk) on a half day tour in Siem Reap. Leaving Siem Reap we travel through the countryside to Tonle Sap Lake.
The Tonle Sap one of the world’s most productive bodies of fresh water. In the wet season, the Tonle Sap Lake swells to 12,000 km². During the dry half of the year, the lake shrinks to as small as 2,500 km², draining into the Tonle Sap River. Each year, millions of fish come to spawn in the seasonally flooded forest surrounding the lake, attracting a myriad of water birds as well as people, who have settled in villages along the shores and who live with the rhythm of the water. This ecosystem was classified as a Biosphere Reserve by UNESCO in 1997.
Take a boat trip around the lake to see floating villages and get a taste for life ruled by monsoonal rains and water-based agriculture. Afterwards jump back on the remork to return to Siem Reap.
Take the back roads back to town on this half day tour in Siem Reap and witness seasonal agricultural activities like cricket catching, rice planting and harvesting, smoking fish, fish paste (prohoc making), and duck farming. Stop at a local village to pick up Khmer snacks and explore. Visit a Buddhist monastery before heading home.
- Local English speaking guide
- Khmer snacks.
- Items of a personal nature
- tips / gratuities for drivers or guide.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this Tonle Sap Secrets tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
For any tour departures within 16 January 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 16 January 2021, a deposit of 100% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 0 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Tonle Sap Secrets tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Tonle Sap Secrets tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
In front of King’s Road Angkor - a modern Khmer style market. Address: Corner of 7-Makara & Achar Sva Street, Old Market Bridge, Siem Reap, Cambodia.Meeting end point :
Drop off at centrally located hotels in Siem Reap.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour follows established guidelines that are in line with the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ framework against COVID-19.
- This tour follows the local government(s) recommendations for gatherings and group sizes.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing is highly encouraged on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.