- Food tour
- Sightseeing tour
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Ground transfers
- duration 3 hours
- tour type Group
- age requirement 6+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Visit a local fruit market and navigate the alleyways of a bustling market
- Explore the stalls and bright lights at Siem Reap’s largest local picnic spot
- Hear insights from our local guide on Cambodian favourites, including fried cricket, red ant, and spider
- Savour the flavours of Siem Reap snacks, dinner, and dessert
From a culture at least 3,000 years old, Khmer is one of the oldest cuisines in the world. Siem Reap’s street food has also been influenced by Thai, Vietnamese, Chinese, and French techniques to form a style and flavour profile that is uniquely Cambodian. On this night-time food tour, we’ll hop on local transport and travel away from the tourist trail to sample authentic Siem Reap snacks, desserts, and Khmer cuisine staples. Delicious, authentic, and something you don’t want to miss.
It’s time for an epic local food adventure. Your authentic Siem Reap evening starts off with a ride on a moto-remork, an articulated moto-rickshaw that’s commonly seen on Siem Reap’s streets. We’ll zip you through the streets, off the tourist trail and straight into local street heaven.
Your food-loving local guide will uncover hidden local street food treasures and beloved recommendations of local snacks, such as yellow bean cake or Khmer rice cake. Our food mission continues with a tasting of seasonal fruits that are grown in and around Siem Reap, like the purple kiwi fruit-like dragon fruit, mango, tiny (but sweet!) pineapple, and the stinky king of all fruit – the mighty durian! You’ll also see the spices and other ingredients featured in local food, and hear about the traditional remedies and medicine.
Next, we’ll hit up a local picnic spot where stalls are set up in the early evening selling a multitude of interesting snacks. As we wander around, you might see fried tarantulas, which are usually enjoyed with a cold beer; fried crickets, which taste like potato chips; barbecued meat on skewers; Khmer Fried Chicken; green mango served with chili and salt; ducks eggs; barbecued corn; and deliciously sweet purple mangosteen.
Hopefully you still have room for even more amazing Cambodian food, because our next stop is a local restaurant to sample some tasty local delicacies, before finishing at a dessert stall where fruit shakes, fruit with sweeten condensed milk and baked puddings are the specialty.
After dinner, you’ll have the option to return to your hotel or end our Siem Reap food tour at Pub Street – a convenient spot that’s perfect for exploring local bar and café life. Alternatively, our local guide will be happy to provide some less touristy recommendations for a great night out.
- Khmer snacks and dinner
- Transportation via moto-remork
- English speaking guide
- Bottle of water or fruit shake or beer.
- Additional food and drinks above those inclusions listed above
- optional sightseeing after the end of the tour
- gratuities for guide and drivers.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this Siem Reap Street Food by Night tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
For any tour departures within 28 January 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 28 January 2021, a deposit of 100% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 0 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Siem Reap Street Food by Night tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Siem Reap Street Food by Night tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
In front of King’s Road Angkor - a modern Khmer style market. Address: Corner of 7-Makara & Achar Sva Street, Old Market Bridge, Siem Reap, Cambodia.Meeting end point :
Drop off at centrally located hotels in Siem Reap.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour follows established guidelines that are in line with the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ framework against COVID-19.
- This tour follows the local government(s) recommendations for gatherings and group sizes.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing is highly encouraged on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.