- duration 7 hours
- tour type Group
- age requirement 12+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Ride a bike through rural Siem Reap, cycling past emeraldgreen rice paddies
- Explore the villages surrounding the city and meet friendly local villagers
- Discover real Cambodian rural life and learn about the type of work the locals do to support their living
- Savour the delicious and fragrant flavours of a traditional Khmer lunch
Visiting Siem Reap is an unforgettable experience, a riot of magical temples, sumptuous spas and spectacular street food. But if you want to experience real local life and culture and learn about the original Angkorian civilisation, get on your bike and join us for a bike ride into the spectacular Cambodian countryside where you’ll discover traditional villages untouched by modernity and meet friendly locals who will show you what it’s like to live here.
Your countryside biking adventure begins with your friendly local guide picking you up from the meeting point and leading you to the bike shop to pick out your two-wheeled steed. Here we’ll talk about bicycle safety (most of the journey takes place on dirt tracks, away from the main roads) and tell you a bit about our itinerary for the day.
The itinerary will vary slightly each time, depending on what’s happening that day in the villages we visit. We may stop to watch seasonal activities such as rice or vegetable planting or harvesting or have a go at palm leaf weaving. A stop at a family farm is essential though, where you’ll have an opportunity to learn about the sort of work they do and chat with the family about local life.
During our cycle tour, we will pass by sweeping rice terraces and sprawling jungle. We’ll stop to take plenty of photos along the way and we’ll say ‘hi’ to friendly villagers who are going about their daily lives.
We will also explore an area which was used by Angelina Jolie in a movie called ‘First They Killed My Father’ which recounts the terrors suffered by Loung Ung (a child at the time but now a respected author and human rights activist) at the hands of the brutal Khmer Rouge. This area represents the remains of the first major capital of the Khmer empire and is one of the earliest known settlement sites in the country. The villages we visit here are little known and are hidden in a secret location that keeps the tourist hordes firmly at bay.
After a full morning of exploration on two wheels, you will have worked up quite an appetite. Our next stop of the day then will be a lunch date with the Totung Thngai community, who have prepared us a delicious and authentic meal. As we eat, we’ll chat to locals about daily life and local food culture.
Our final stop of the day is the beautiful Aranh Rangsei Pagoda where you will learn about monk life and the temples. Well, you couldn’t partake in a Siem Reap tour without visiting a temple could you?!
We’ll leave our bikes at the final stop and jump in a tuk tuk back to your centrally located hotel. Before you go, don’t forget to ask your guide for more tips in what else to see, do and eat during your stay in Siem Reap.
Please note: The total distance for the biking portion of this tour is approximately 18km.
- Khmer-themed lunch
- Transport by tuk tuk
- Local English-speaking guide
- Mountain bike and helmet hire
- Drinking water.
- Additional food and drinks
- souvenirs and personal shopping
- tips/gratuities for your guide.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this Siem Reap Countryside by Bike tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
For any tour departures within 25 January 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 25 January 2021, a deposit of 100% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 0 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Siem Reap Countryside by Bike tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Siem Reap Countryside by Bike tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
Outside the main entrance of King’s Road Angkor - a modern Khmer-style market. Address: Corner of 7-Makara & Achar Sva Street, Old Market Bridge (water wheel), Siem Reap, Cambodia.Meeting end point :
Your centrally located hotel in Siem Reap.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour follows established guidelines that are in line with the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ framework against COVID-19.
- This tour follows the local government(s) recommendations for gatherings and group sizes.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing is highly encouraged on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.