- Bicycle tour
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 8 hours
- tour type Private
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 5+ years old
- Footprint carbonneutralCO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Exploring the country side on our Mountain Bikes
- Western Baray Reservoir
- Passing through local villages and visiting the most exciting spots
We will then continue our ride to reach the Sangkheum Center for Children, an NGO which provides a home for orphaned, abused or neglected children, as well as general education and selected vocational training. We will visit the center to learn more about their work and see the children in training in the workshops, the agricultural farm or practicing dance and music.
Afterwards we will go to the Western Baray, an ancient reservoir more than 2 km across and 9 km long with an average depth of 7 m. This huge construction was realized by King Yasovarman 1st (889-910), the entire expanse of water is contained within a levee of earth which forms a dike, shaded by large trees and with the forest of Angkor as its backdrop. At its present level, the water only covering two thirds depths of 4 and 5 metres - the remainder is currently rice fields. On the island in the middle of the Baray stand the ruins of the western Mebon temple. This temple contained formerly a gigantic bronze statue of Vishnu which is today exhibited in the National Museum in Phnom Penh. This artificial lake is now a recreational place for the locals who flock here on the weekend. We will have lunch in this lovely place and spend a part of the afternoon by swimming.
On the way back, we will stop at the small village of Banteay Chreu to visit the popular Buddhist temple Svay Romeat from where we can have a whole view of the surrounding countryside. Then, we will continue our ride along a quiet road to Siem Reap. We will arrive at your hotel at the end of the afternoon.
- Experienced English speaking mountain bike guide
- Mountain Bike
- 1 lunch
- Snack & water
- Tool kit for bike repair
- First aid kit
- Pick up/drop off
- Temple pass
- Alcoholic, and other beverages in the evenings
- Tips for guides.
- Personal travel insurance
- Any services not mentioned in itinerary
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.Other Practical InformationCancellation policy: • 1-2 Days = 50%/ 3-5 Days = 30 % charge. Responsibility: We are not responsible for any loss, injury or damages sustained by the passengers. Additional expenses incurred due to delays, accidents, political actions or other irregularities arising beyond our control must be borne by passengers.