- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 18+ yrs
- Sail the mighty Mekong.
- Explore the floating markets and villages.
- Discover Phnom Penh and get to know the locals of Kampong Chhnang.
- Visit ancient temples and small villages.
Experience the beauty of both Cambodia and Vietnam during this eight-day river cruising journey. Take in Wat Phnom, the Grand Palace, the S21 Museum, and the Tra Su Bird Sanctuary and prepare to see things you’ll never forget (but bring your camera anyway). Get a true taste of river cruising while visiting the Cai Be floating market, the fishing port of Kampong Chhnang, and stilt villages like Chnok Tru, where you’ll learn about fish farming, pottery, and sugar palm production. Opt for bikes, tuk tuks, or local boats to get around and see rice paddies, monasteries, and local businesses.
Day 1: Siem Reap/Koh Chen
Day 2: Koh Chen/Kampong Chhnang
Day 3: Kampong Chhnang/Phnom Penh
Day 4: Phnom Penh
Day 5: Phnom Penh/Sadek
Day 6: Sadek/Mỹ Tho
Day 7: Mỹ Tho
Day 8: Ho Chi Minh City
- Aboard the Toum Tiou II Riverboat (7 nts).
7 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 6 dinners
Note: Allow USD55-75 for meals not included. Drinks and tips on board not included.
- Toum Tiou II Riverboat, private vehicles, walking
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout, local guides.
- 7 nights aboard the Toum Tiou II Riverboat
- Chhnok Tru floating village visit
- Kampong Chhnang visit
- Vihara and pagoda visit (Kampong Tralach)
- Koh Chen island visit include cottage industries
- Cyclo tour (Phnom Penh)
- Choeung Ek (Killing Fields) guided tour
- Tuol Sleng Museum (S-21 Prison) guided tour
- Apsara show
- Tra Su Bird Sanctuary visit
- Sam Mountain sunset visit
- Kien An Cung Pagoda visit (Sa Dec)
- Vinh Long excursion
- Vinh Trang Pagoda visit
- Thoi Son Island cottage industries tour
- Farewell cocktail and Captain's Dinner
- All transport to/from included activities and between destinations
- Any international flights to Siem Reap and from Ho Chi Minh City are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Mekong River Experience – Siem Reap to Ho Chi Minh City tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with G Adventures. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 84 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Save +US$ 56 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 350 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 15 January 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Mekong River Experience – Siem Reap to Ho Chi Minh City tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Mekong River Experience – Siem Reap to Ho Chi Minh City tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Other Practical Information
- 1. Travel Style : MarineSmall-ship adventures on the world’s great seas, rivers, and other places only accessible by boat.
- 2. Service Level : UpgradedQuality accommodations and more inclusions than on other G Adventures tours, like meals, private transport, and activities.
- 3. Physical Grading : 2 - LightLight walking and hiking suitable for most fitness levels. Nothing too challenging.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.