- duration 13 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- This two week overland tour is an exploratory trip that delves deep into Cambodia, a country rarely explored outside of the iconic temples of Angkor. On this journey we meet locals in our village homestay in the countryside, motor upriver through the steamy jungles of the Cardamom Mountains and relax on the deserted whitesand beaches of Koh Rong Island. In between exploring the ancient temples of Angkor, we also visit two charity projects in Siem Reap that take fascinating and innovative approaches in tackling some of Cambodia's modernday challenges.
This is an exploratory trip that delves deep into Cambodia, a country rarely explored outside of the iconic temples of Angkor. On this journey we meet locals in our village homestay in the countryside, motor upriver through steamy jungles and relax on deserted white-sand beaches. Siem Reap - Get lost amongst the incredible jungle-consumed temples of Angkor Phnom Penh - Learn about the dark history of the Khmer Rouge and sample tasty street food Chi Phat - Cruise along jungle-lined rivers in search of birds and wildlife in the Cardamom Mountains.
Day 1 : Join trip in Siem Reap, the gateway to the iconic Angkor temple complex
Day 2 : Explore the jungle temples of Angkor, watch the sunset at Pre Rup
Day 3 : Morning cycle to Hero Rats project and Re-Hash Trash. Free afternoon for further exploration
Day 4 : Free morning in Siem Reap. Afternoon drive to Sambor Prei Kuk homestay
Day 5 : Visit the ruins of Sambor Prei Kuk before driving to Phnom Penh
Day 6 : Explore Phnom Penh's Royal Palace and Silver Pagoda. Afternoon visit to the Killing Fields
Day 7 : Drive and then motor boat to our Eco lodge in Chi Phat, Cardamom Mountains
Day 8 : Sunrise river cruise to spot birds and wildlife. Optional walking and swimming in the afternoon
Day 9 : Leave Koh Kong Province and drive to Sihanoukville. Ferry to Koh Rong Island
Day 10 : A free day to relax on the beaches of Koh Rong Island
Day 11 : A further free day on Koh Rong. Optional snorkelling or boat trip
Day 12 : Ferry and drive back to Phnom Penh. Free afternoon in the capital
Day 13 : Trip ends in Phnom Penh
- 12 Breakfast, 2 Lunch, 3 Dinner
- 6 nights comfortable hotel
- 1 night simple homestay
- 5 nights simple bungalow
- Bus, Boat
- Explore Tour Leader, Boat Crew, Driver(s), Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to Siem Reap and from Phnom Penh are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Heart of Cambodia tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with Explore. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save +US$ 54 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 155 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 59 days before departure. For any departures within 21 December 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Heart of Cambodia tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Heart of Cambodia tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.