- Sightseeing tour
- Local culture
- Local boat rides
- duration 5 hours
- tour type Private
- age requirement 5+ years old
- max group size 30
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Visit the stilted village of Kompong Phluk
- Row through the flooded forest
- Visit Pergola and Monk schools
- Walking or rowing tour through the main street
We than cruise down the river into the actual township. Depending on the time of year water levels will vary, so we either walk or row through the main street arriving at the Pergola and Monk school. We enjoy a light fruit snack of local fruits and drinks and than proceed into the flooded forest. At the flooded forest the temperature is going to drop 10 degrees so please bring a sweater. We use local and very experienced boat people to row us into the numerous forests. After having explored the flooded forest our other traditional riverboat will be waiting for us to cruise out onto the great Tonle Sap lake (the largest fresh water lake in South East Asia). Seeing Tonle Sap Lake is an awesome sight and more like an inland sea. Many locals will be out there fishing using traditional fishing methods that have not changed much for centuries.
All in all this tour is a great way to experience the famous village of Kompong Phluk and the Flooded forest (in khmer, Kompong Phluk means harbor of the tusks). Kompong Phluk is home to some 2800 people mainly khmers and live in houses towering some 10 mtrs.
We look forward to giving you some cultural insights and an exciting day.
- English speaking expert lake guide
- Pick up and return to hotels in air conditioned car or mini van
- All check point fees and taxes
- All boat fees and hires
- Light fruit snack and cold drinks
- Tips (optional)
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.