- duration 4 hours
- tour type Group
- age requirement 12+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Get a handson lesson in Cambodian cuisine, with tips and tricks you can take back home with you
- Indulge in a madebyyou threecourse meal, plus one dessert, alongside a Cambodian welcome drink, served up in a pretty tropical garden
- Walk through a local village, chat to locals and hear about local life
- Learn about Cambodian culinary culture from a local chef and discover authentic local ingredients
Get to the heart of Cambodia — through its food! Take a trip into the Cambodian countryside and show off your cooking skills with this hands-on culinary adventure. You’ll whip up a 3-course gourmet meal and one dessert, get to experience local village life, and, best of all, eat your culinary creations.
Always dreamed of being a Cambodian chef? This is your chance! Your Siem Reap cooking class will take place out of the town, in the heart of a traditional Cambodian community. We’ll take a mini tour through a local village, where you’ll get to see locals going about their daily lives. Your local chef will tell you a bit about everyday life in the village and introduce you to some of the many fruits and vegetables that are grown locally. You’ll also see local houses and get to peek inside a kitchen (where you can imagine what it’s like to cook an entire family meal on a charcoal pot).
You’ll arrive at our lovely cooking venue (complete with charming herb garden) close to sunset. Your chef will show you some local herbs and you’ll get to collect a few to use in this evening’s dishes. Then scrub up and get ready to cook!
Your Siem Reap cooking experience is very hands-on; your chef will teach you a few tricks and techniques for preparing the ingredients, but everything is done by you. You’ll prepare a starter, a main, and a dessert, as well as a herbal tea. You’ll also learn some simple presentation techniques — perfecting for impressing friends back home with your awesome talents at your next dinner party.
Now is the perfect time to taste-test the foods you have lovingly cooked today. So settle in and enjoy your fresh, tasty Khmer creation. Our professional team will serve your dishes and you can finally savour the flavours of your labour!
Best of all, if you love what you made, we’ll help you replicate it at home — you’ll get certificate and recipe book and a box of spices bring back home.
- Transportation to and from the venue.&Nbsp;
- English-speaking local guide and chef; ingredients and instructions for preparing three dishes and one dessert
- Cold towel and welcome drink
- Attendance certificate
- Printed recipe card
- A box of spices
- Additional beverages (available for purchase); tips and gratuities for the guide and drivers
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this Cambodian Cook-out tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
Full payment of 52 USD is required to confirm this tour.Travel Insurance
Cambodian Cook-out tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cambodian Cook-out tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
In front of King’s Road Angkor - a modern Khmer style market. Address: Corner of 7-Makara & Achar Sva Street, Old Market Bridge, Siem Reap, Cambodia.Meeting end point :
Drop off at centrally located hotels in Siem Reap.