- Bicycle tour
- Sightseeing tour
- Countryside and village visits
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 11 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Explore Angkor Wat by bicycle with a licensed guide
- Engage with local NGOs to learn about community development and social impact
- Enjoy a casual cycle ride from Siem Reap to Kampot, with a fully supported team
- Boat rides from to Battambang along the Tonle Sap
The days are long, the country is hot and the people are super friendly. From the constant and random “Hello!!” from the children on the roadsides to conversations with the truly selfless and unsung heroes running community development programmes — travelling Cambodia by bike is an incredible adventure!
We cycle from Siem Reap and finish in Kampot (11 days) before taking you back to Phnom Penh. The pace of all our tours is relaxed and casual. There’s always time to stop for a photo, and we rarely cycle more than 2 days in a row. When the journey is just as good as the destination, there’s no need to rush.
Monuments and museums can teach you about the country's history. Social Cycles and our networks of NGO partners can teach you about its present and what the future holds.
Take experiential travel to new depths. This is so much more than just a holiday!
Day 1: Siem Reap: Arrival day
Day 2: Siem Reap: Sunrise cycling around the temples of Angkor
Day 3: Battambang: River riding, local villages
Day 4: Pursat: Adventure cycling, red dirt and an NGO
Day 5: Phnom Penh: Back roads & coffee stops
Day 6: Phnom Penh: Friends International, S-21 Genocide Museum
Day 7: Kampot: Riding out of Phnom Penh
Day 8: Kampot: The Bokor Mountain Cycle Challenge
Day 9: Kampot: Salt field community
Day 10: Phnom Penh: Pepper farm, crab markets and beaches
Day 11: Phnom Penh: Departure day
- Arrival transfer from the airport to the hotel
- Accommodation for 10 nights (in 2 to 3 star hotels)
- 7 breakfasts, 1 lunch and 6 dinners
- Bicycle hire (24-speed mountain bikes)
- Minimum of three NGO engagement visits
- Professional, English-speaking local guide and mechanic
- Entry and guided tour of Angkor Wat in Siem Reap
- Support van for rest, equipped with water and fresh local fruits
- Entry to S-21 Genocide Museum in Phnom Penh
- Single Supplement
- Travel insurance
- Visa fees
- International or domestic flights
- Tips for guides
- Suggested NGO donation (USD 150)
- Personal expenses
- Meals, except those mentioned on the itinerary
- Alcohol and drinks with your meals
- Anything not mentioned in the 'What's Included' section of the itinerary
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationThe distances between one hotel to the next can be extensive so we have cherry picked the best part to cycle in between, but it may only be 40 to 60 km of the route. Each Social Cycles tour is fully supported so there is an opportunity for riders to take a rest in the van. Our goal is to show the beauty of travelling Cambodia and Vietnam by bicycle, and not to rack up thousands of kilometers. Therefore, our style is recreational and casual. We aim to cater to beginner and intermediate recreational cyclists, not professionals or Strava enthusiasts.