- duration 8 hours
- tour type Group
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Discover the ancient temple of Banteay Srei
- Enjoy a tasty and traditional threecourse Cambodian lunch cooked with love at the community restaurant
- Learn all about the lifecycle of butterflies at the Banteay Srei Butterfly Centre, home to magnificent moon moths and pretty rose butterflies
- Visit two elaborate temples, Neak Pean and 12thcentury Preah Khan, located within the grand circle of Angkor
Join a friendly local guide for some serious temple-hopping, nature appreciation and an in-depth look at local life in Siem Reap. Together we’ll explore the most interesting and beautiful temples Banteay Srei has to offer, visit Southeast Asia’s largest butterfly centre, stop by the Cambodian Landmine Museum, enjoy a traditional Khmer lunch and meet the locals in Preah Dak village to find out about the production of sugar in the area. History, nature, sugar cane candy, and more — it’s a match made in perfect tour heaven…
During your Banteay Srei tour, we will explore the surrounding Banteay Srei district, meeting locals as we walk, hearing their stories and we’ll lead you to some lesser-known attractions that many tourists don’t know about. Get ready for a memorable day!
Our first stop will be the Banteay Srei Butterfly Centre, where we’ll learn all about the lifecycle of butterflies. The netted tropical enclosure here contains thousands of beautiful, free-flying butterflies and is the largest of its kind in Southeast Asia. Revenue generated from tour admissions to the centre are also re-invested back into the local community to aid a number of poverty alleviation and conservation projects, so as you admire those beautiful butterflies, you can feel good about yourself too!
The next stop on our tour is the Cambodian Landmine Museum which was established in 1997 by ex-child soldier Aki Ra. Following years of fighting, he returned to the villages where he had planted mines as a child soldier and began removing then by hand and defusing them with homemade tools. The museum aims to educate visitors on the importance of clearing landmines in Cambodia and also supports at-risk Khmer children.
The truly stunning Banteay Srei Temple is next, which is home to some of the most exquisite stone carvings on earth. We’ll take a look around, learn a little about the temple and its history and, let’s be honest, pretend to be Indiana Jones for a few minutes. Since you're likely getting hungry at this point, we'll stop for a local lunch before heading to the next stop.
On the way back, we’ll stop to meet the sugar palm community at Preah Dak Village, the biggest sugar palm producer in Siem Reap. Here you’ll get a chance to learn how this organic sugar is produced and hopefully you’ll get to taste one of their sweet treats too!
Our last stops of the day will be at two more elaborate temples in the grand circle of Angkor. Neak Pean is a Buddhist temple on a circular island in Jayatataka Baraym, built during the reign of King Jayavarman VII. Then we'll finish off with a visit to Preah Khan Temple, one of the largest complexes at Angkor.
After a full day of exploring and gathering some killer holiday snaps, we’ll head back into Siem Reap and drop you off at your centrally located hotel. Before you go, don’t forget to ask your local guide for more tips on what else to see, do and eat during your stay in Cambodia.
- Local lunch
- Transportation with air-conditioning
- Local English speaking tour guide
- Butterfly Centre admission
- One-day Angkor Day Pass
- Drinking water.
- Landmine Museum entrance fee
- Additional food and drinks
- souvenirs and personal shopping
- tips/gratuities for your guide
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this Banteay Srei Full-Day Tour: Temples, Butterflies & Lunch tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
For any tour departures within 23 January 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 23 January 2021, a deposit of 100% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 0 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Banteay Srei Full-Day Tour: Temples, Butterflies & Lunch tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Banteay Srei Full-Day Tour: Temples, Butterflies & Lunch tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
Main Entrance of King’s Road Angkor, a modern Khmer-style market.Address: Corner of 7-Makara & Achar Sva Street, Old Market Bridge, Siem Reap.Meeting end point :
Drop off at your centrally located hotel in Siem Reap. If you’re not centrally located, your guide will be happy to help you organise transport back to your accommodation.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour follows established guidelines that are in line with the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ framework against COVID-19.
- This tour follows the local government(s) recommendations for gatherings and group sizes.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing is highly encouraged on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.