- duration 7.5 hours
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 17+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Learn the history and traditions behind Persian cuisine
- Take a journey through the spice section of Vakil Bazaar
- Go shopping in the city market for local ingredients
- Enjoy a delicious authentic Persian dinner — cooked by you!
Show off your own Persian hospitality with this cooking class that will teach you everything you need to know about Iranian cuisine! Shop at the local market for ingredients, then put your chef skills to the test as you learn to cook just like the locals do.
Your Shiraz cooking class will start with a wander through the atmospheric Vakil Bazaar, where you’ll learn about the different types of spices and herbs used in traditional Persian cusine. We’ll do some shopping here, to prepare for the fabulous cooking experience you’re about to have!
You’ll shop among locals, buying from locals, and experience what it’s like to grocery shop as an Iranian. As you shop, you also have the option to pick up extra goods, so that we can prepare extra meals to donate to homeless people in the community after your class — a generous gift to those in need in Shiraz.
Iranian cuisine includes a wide variety of dishes, ranging from kebabs to stews, as well as soups, salads, pastries, and traditional beverages iconic to different parts of Iran. We’ll learn to cook two mains and a dessert, with our personal chef giving you step-by-step instructions on how to prepare local dishes. You’ll learn about the key ingredients, the spices that are needed, and local culinary customs, all to make our meals as authentic as possible!
Then, best of all, we’ll eat what we’ve made! You’ll dig in (in traditional Iranian style, meaning with your hands) and enjoy a delicious meal altogether, as new friends in Shiraz!
Finally, you’ll finish off your food tour with the opportunity to do some good. If you had chosen to make extra food, we’ll donate it to underprivileged locals on our way back from the cooking class. We may stop along the way to serve a community in need, or your driver can take the dishes to a local charity centre.
- Cooking class and dinner cooked by you.
- Transportation by taxi
- Local English-speaking guide and chef
- Ingredients for your cooking class
- additional food and drinks
- tips/gratuities for your guide and chef.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this Shirazi Cooking Class tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
For any tour departures within 28 November 2020, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 28 November 2020, a deposit of 100% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 0 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Shirazi Cooking Class tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Shirazi Cooking Class tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
In front of the main entrance of the Tomb of Hafez. Your driver will be holding a sign with the Urban Adventures logo and will take you to the market, where you’ll meet your guide.Meeting end point :
Tomb of HafezCOVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour follows established guidelines that are in line with the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ framework against COVID-19.
- This tour follows the local government(s) recommendations for gatherings and group sizes.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing is highly encouraged on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.