- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 8 hours
- tour type Group
- max group size 12
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Starts/Ends Shiraz, Iran
- Experience that famous, wonderful Persian hospitality
- Dine on a delicious home cooked meal in a village outside the city
- Learn about traditional nomadic life in Iran
- Spend some time with local children who are learning English
If hospitality and good conversation is what you crave, you’ve come to the right place! The village we visit may remote, but that just makes the experience even better. Come dine with a local family, chat with local children who are learning English, and find out about the traditional nomadic lifestyle in the hills of Iran.
Your Shiraz tour will begin in front of the main entrance of Hafez’s tomb — the memorial site for one of Iran’s most revered poets, who's words are still honoured today. After some brief introductions and a chance to get to know each other a bit, we’ll head to our car and set off on our journey beyond the city!
We’ll ride two hours westward, approximately 100 kilometres from Shiraz. We’ll drive through spectacular mountains, eventually arriving at Kahkarān, a mountain village some 2,100 metres above sea level. This elevation makes the location cool and pleasant during the hot summers that the region normally experiences; however, it also makes for bitterly cold winters for the locals. The views will be spectacular, and there will definitely be some photo stops along the way — after all we can’t let you take in the scenery without the chance to snap some Instagram-worthy pictures (hashtag #localsknow, remember!).
On route to Kahkarān, we’ll also travel through the Qashqai territory — home of the Persian nomadic peoples. These populations still maintain their nomadic lifestyles and migrate to this region from March through to September. If possible, we’ll stop to meet a nomadic family in their Bedouin-like tents and learn about their traditions.
Upon arrival in Kahkarān, we’ll be welcomed into the home of a local family, where we’ll enjoy chai and herbal drinks. Our hosts are former nomadic people who have adopted the village as their home. They will show us how they make Persian carpets, as well as some specific local designs and the meanings behind them.
Following a delicious lunch of local, traditional fare, we’ll tour the village and attend an English class held in a tent. Here, we’ll sit in on the class and get the chance to talk with the children. This won’t only be a a rewarding experience for the children who get to practice their English, but for you, too, as you get to find out about their local life in the mountains.
Following afternoon tea, we’ll say goodbye to our new friends and head back to Shiraz, exhausted and exhilarated from exploring this area not typically seen by tourists.
Please note that it is Iranian custom to bring a small token of thanks when you are a guest in someone’s home or community, and it will be greatly appreciated by the hosting family and the class we visit. (If it’s possible, bring something small from your country – the more personal the better!)
- Lunch with a local family.&Nbsp;
- English-speaking guide
- Souvenirs and items of a personal nature
- tips/gratuities for your tour guide and driver
- gift(s) for the local family (sweets or small souvenirs from your country
- gifts for the students (pens
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this Mountains and Nomads: Iranian Village Visit tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
For any tour departures within 17 April 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 17 April 2021, a deposit of 100% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 0 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Mountains and Nomads: Iranian Village Visit tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Mountains and Nomads: Iranian Village Visit tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
In front of the main entrance to the Tomb of Hafez. Your tour guide will be holding a sign with the Urban Adventures logo.Meeting end point :
Tomb of HafezCOVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour follows established guidelines that are in line with the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ framework against COVID-19.
- This tour follows the local government(s) recommendations for gatherings and group sizes.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing is highly encouraged on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.