- duration 8.5 hours
- tour type Group
- age requirement 13+ yrs
- max group size 12
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Starts/Ends Shiraz, Iran
- Find some serenity in the fresh mountain air beyond Shiraz
- Challenge yourself by trekking the hills into a local village
- Experience the truest form of Persian hospitality with a home cooked meal with a local family
- Learn about the history, flora, and fauna of the Iranian countryside
That famous Iranian hospitality is in full effect on this tour that goes beyond the city and into a local village. Hike the mountains of the Hesar region, then settle in for a traditional Iranian meal with a welcoming family and new friends.
Your Shiraz tour will take you beyond Shiraz, but before we leave the city, we’ll meet at Hafez’s tomb, the memorial site of one of Iran’s most beloved poets. Here we’ll briefly introduce ourselves and get to know each other a bit before heading out in our car towards the picturesque mountains and hills of the Hesar region, approximately 80 kilometres northwest of Shiraz. This region combines beautiful scenery, fresh mountain air, and that ever-famous Iranian hospitality!
We’ll hike through the beautiful hills and mountains for about three and a half hours, while your tour guide tells you about the local history, and the regional flora and fauna. Finally, we’ll walk through wooded areas that provide vital income to the local residents in Dashtak.
No doubt hungry from all that hiking, we’ll then visit with a local family in a small village, and enjoy a traditional Iranian lunch. You’ll get to chat with the family and learn more about local life in this part of Iran.
Following our hearty lunch, we’ll return to Shiraz by car — don’t worry if you fall asleep on the ride! We have a feeling that naps will definitely be required!
Please note that it is Iranian custom to bring a small token of thanks when you are a guest in someone’s home, and it will be greatly appreciated by our hosting family. (If it’s possible, bring something small from your country — the more personal the better!)
- Lunch with a local family.&Nbsp;
- Local English-speaking guide
- Tips/gratuities for your guide
- small gift for the local family who will be hosting us for lunch.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this Gastronomy Trek: From Hesar to Dashtak tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
For any tour departures within 14 April 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 14 April 2021, a deposit of 100% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 0 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Gastronomy Trek: From Hesar to Dashtak tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Gastronomy Trek: From Hesar to Dashtak tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
In front of the main entrance of the Tomb of Hafez. Your tour guide will be holding a sign with the Urban Adventures logo.Meeting end point :
Tomb of HafezCOVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour follows established guidelines that are in line with the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ framework against COVID-19.
- This tour follows the local government(s) recommendations for gatherings and group sizes.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing is highly encouraged on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.