- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 19 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Maximum altitude 5320 meters
- Conquer two highaltitude passes: Pin Bhabha Pass (4915 m) and Pin Parvati Pass (5319 m)
- Trek through the valleys of Kinnaur, Spiti, Pin and Parvati
- Camp besides Lake Mantalai and Kheerganga amidst exotic flora and fauna
- Explore Kinnaur, Spiti and Kullu Valleys and visit the towns of Shimla, Kaza and Manali
This trek to Pin Bhabha Pass and Pin Parvati Pass is challenging and requires a high level of fitness, endurance, skill and discipline for crossing these two passes back to back. Pin Bhabha pass is a cross over pass from Kinnaur Valley to Spiti Valley and Pin Parvati pass is a cross-over from Spiti Valley to Parvati Valley.
The trek starts from Kafnu, which lies in the lush green Kinnaur valley. After crossing the Pin Bhabha Pass, the trail to Pin Parvati pass starts in Kaza, and ends in Barshaini, which is in Parvati Valley. The terrain changes from lush green Kinnaur to the moraine and scree of Spiti and then again, to the lush green Parvati.
The Bhabha valley lies next to, but not strictly within, the trans-Himalayan terrain and its average rainfall is higher than in other parts of Spiti. There is a wealth of flora and fauna here and has been a subject of many researches. Pin Valley National Park was also established in 1990 to protect the Ibex which are found here in great numbers. The trekking route was only opened to trekkers in 1993.
The trek will start from Kafnu near Shimla and will finally end in Barshaini near Manali.
Day 1: Meet in Shimla and drive to Kanfu
Day 2: Acclimatization Day at Kafnu
Day 3: Kafnu to Mulling
Day 4: Mulling to Karah
Day 5: Karah to Phustirang
Day 6: Acclimatization and rest day at Phustirang
Day 7: Phustirang to Mangrungse over Pin Bhaba Pass
Day 8: Mangrungse to Mudh
Day 9: Rest day in Mudh, visit Kaza
Day 10: Mudh to Tia
Day 11: Tia to Shia
Day 12: Shia to Pin Base Camp
Day 13: Pin Base Camp to Mantalai over Pin Parvati Pass
Day 14: Rest dat at Mantalai Lake
Day 15: Mantalai Lake to Odi Thach
Day 16: Odi Thach to Tunda Bhuj
Day 17: Tunda Bhuj to Kheerganga
Day 18: Kheerganga to Barshaini, drive to Manali
Day 19: Celebration and lunch in Manali
- 24x7 services of a trip manager
- Stay in comfortable tents during trek
- Home Stay in Kafnu
- Accommodation at dA Base - Mountaineerz in Manali
- All meal at the base (choice of veg/non-veg)
- All meals during the trek (nutritious freshly cooked vegetarian)
- Services of experienced MOI/ BMC 'Wilderness First Responder' qualified lead guide and qualified local assistant guide
- Kitchen equipment, cook and helper
- Wildlife/ environmental permits and other permits & levies.
- All transportation as per itinerary in high clearance SUV
- Transport from Barshaini to dA Base - Mountaineerz
- Transport from Shimla to Kafnu
- Porter- 1 bag - max 10 kg
- personal tent
- Transport cost from Mudh to Kaza and back to Mudh (in case you want to visit Kaza on acclimatization day)
- Any expenses of a personal nature like laundry, phone/fax calls, tips to drivers, guides, any beverages.
- Any expenses that arise due to change in itinerary and increase in no. of days because of natural forces like landslides, weather, roadblocks, flight cancellations, sickness etc.
- Any insurance
- Personal porters (inquire if needed)
- Earn US$ 79+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationIt is strongly suggested that participants have an experience of at least one high altitude trek. Insurance is mandatory The participants must be reasonably fit and be able to cover 5 km of distance in 30 minutes without much stress. Participants should be able to carry a 10 - 15 kg backpack. Please ensure, for your own trekking pleasure you pack a big heart and only the absolute essentials. Before you start the trek, it is important that you understand the implications of high altitude on your body. Be aware of symptoms of AMS (Acute Mountain Sickness) like mild headache, nausea and general discomfort. If you feel any of these symptoms, inform the trek leader on priority and follow his instructions. Every campsite has as stretcher, fully equipped first aid kit, oxygen cylinders to address the situation. People with ailments like high blood pressure, asthma, heart issues and epilepsy are not recommended to participate on this trek. We humbly ask of you, never ever argue with your guides and instructors while on the trek. Remember, they only have your best interest in mind and any decision they take is taken keeping your safety and the success of the expedition in mind. Any and all decisions taken by the guides and instructors will be deemed as final. Be patient and respectful towards your fellow climbers. Remember, up there, you only have your wits and your fellow climbers.