You will experience the picturesque old water village Zhou Zhuang on his half day tour. With its interconnected waterways and beautiful environment, the town is often referred as the "No.1 Water Village in China". Zhou Zhuang is well known for its dreamy landscape and simple architectures that miraculously survived over 900 years. The majority of the town's residences were built in the Ming and Qing dynasties, and nearly 100 traditional courtyards and 60 carved-brick archways are still in use.
During this tour, you will also visit the old residences of Zhang Hall and Shen Hall.
Zhang Hall, also known as Zhang House, was built by Xu's family in the Zhengtong era (1436–1449) of the Ming Dynasty and bought by Zhang's family in the early Qing Dynasty. Located to the south of the Twin Bridges, Zhang House has more than 70 rooms and takes up about 1,800 square meters (less than half an acre).
Shen Hall, also known as Shen House, was build in 1742 and was the private property of the descendant of Shen Wansan, the first millionaire of Jiangnan (South of Yangtze River) in the early Ming Dynasty.
You will take a Chinese gondola cruise to enjoy the water village from a different view.
On the way back to Shanghai, you will visit a Silk Mill to buy some souvenir.
Around 7:30 PM, your tour guide will drop you off at your Shanghai hotel lobby.
- Pick-up and drop-off service for Shanghai downtown hotels.
- Sightseeing program for seat-in-coach tour as indicated in the itinerary.
- Local English-speaking tour guide for pick-up, drop-off and sightseeing program as indicated.
- Entrance fees to scenic spots as indicated in the itinerary.
- Parking fee toll fee wherever applicable.
- Accommodation cost.
- Flight/train ticket.
- Personal expenses such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone call, optional activities,etc.
- Gratuities to the tour guide, driver, hotel bellboy.
- Services not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Traveler insurance.
- For uptown hotel, extra money will be charged.