- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 9 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18-39 yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Soak up traditional Chinese culture with an overnight tulou stay.
- Explore China's cities with likeminded travellers.
- Photograph the purplebrown rock and rich vegetation of Wuyishan.
- Let loose in a university town
Now's the time to explore China on your terms with this tour that's affordable for young travellers. It’s in the spaces between Shanghai and Hong Kong that you get a real feel for China. On this nine-day trip, you’ll get to stay in famous Hakka roundhouses and get a genuine sense of rural Chinese culture. There will also be time to take the perfect hike in the beautiful Wuyishan area and hit up a few of the major cities as well. China can be difficult to navigate on your own, so let us take the planning off your shoulders and leave you free (with plenty of free time) to enjoy the ride.
Day 1: Shanghai
Day 2: Shanghai/Wuyishan
Day 3: Wuyishan
Day 4: Wuyishan/Xiamen
Day 5: Xiamen/Hongkeng Village
Day 6: Hongkeng Village
Day 7: Hongkeng Village/Xiamen
Day 8: Xiamen/Hong Kong
Day 9: Hong Kong
- Hotels (5 nts), Hostel (standard twin/single) (1 nt), guesthouse (standard twin/single) (2 nts).
No meals included
Note: Allow USD225-295 for meals not included.
- Train, local bus, walking.
- English-speaking Chinese CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout.
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Your First Night Out Moment: Connect With New Friends
- Your Local Living Moment: Hakka Tulou, Hongkeng Village
- Your Big Night Out Moment: Zhongshan Road, Xiamen
- Wuyishan entrance ticket, including hiking
- Orientation walks in Shanghai and Xiamen
- Tour of a traditional tulou
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to Shanghai and from Hong Kong are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Shanghai to Hong Kong: Bustling Cities & Bamboo Rafts tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 45 today.
- Save US$ 30+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Shanghai to Hong Kong: Bustling Cities & Bamboo Rafts tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Shanghai to Hong Kong: Bustling Cities & Bamboo Rafts tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Shanghai to Hong Kong: Bustling Cities & Bamboo Rafts tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
Minimum age of 18 years for this trip.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : 18-to-ThirtysomethingsFast, fresh, and fun adventures that never slow down, made for young, budget-minded travellers.
- 2. Service Level : BasicSimple and clean hotels and hostels; affordable public and private transport; lots of optional activities.
- 3. Physical Grading : 3 - AverageSome tours may include light hiking, biking, rafting, or kayaking in addition to walking.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.