- City sightseeing
- Local culture
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 9 hours
- tour type Private
- age requirement 1+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Explore the outskirts of Shanghai in a 9hour private tour, with a local lunch included
- See the ancient beauty of Tongli Water Village
- Stroll through the Lingering Garden, stunning classic gardens in Suzhou
- Observe the process of silk reeling, silk weaving, and finally silk quilt making
Meet your guide in the lobby of your Shanghai accommodation at 8:30 am. Board the private vehicle and begin your journey to Tongli water village. The drive will take about 90 mins. Tongli is known for its system of canals and has been given the nickname "Venice of the East". The place retains many features of an ancient Wu region town.
After visiting Tongli for about one and half hours, it's now time for an authentic Chinese lunch. Try some very unique dishes, for example "eight treasure duck", which is a traditional Chinese dish that is first marinated then stuffed with 8 different ingredients (hence, the "treasures" or "jewels" of the dish) and fried before it's steamed or braised until soft and falling off the bone.
After lunch, we will head to our first afternoon destination: Shantang Street in Suzhou. Its original layout has been there for 1,200 years and features houses with white washed walls and black tiles and a canal which runs along the street.
Next, we head to the Lingering Garden, the most famous ancient garden in Suzhou. Listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, you will have the opportunity to stroll the pathways, taking plenty of pictures along the way.
Afterwards and for our final stop, we will visit a neighbouring silk factory that holds a nearly 100-year old history. Here you will have a chance to observe the process of silk reeling, silk weaving, and finally silk quilt making.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Professional guide
- Entrance tickets
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.