- Local culture
- Countryside and village visits
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Art and architecture
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 12
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Explore the Longmen Grottoes and wonder at the thousands of Buddha statues carved directly from the limestone cliffs, including the 17metrehigh Vairocana.
- Take a spectacular hike along the Mutianyu section of the Great Wall and see towers that date back to the Ming dynasty about 600 years ago.
- Fall in love with Chinese food during a vegetarian feast at a Buddhist temple, a homecooked lunch with a family in rural Xi’an, a Beijing (Peking) duck dinner, and more.
- Check out the mindblowing Terracotta Army, then head to a local’s house for lunch and some insight into how life has changed since farmers discovered the vast mausoleum.
Capture the spirit of China on this 12-day tour from Shanghai to Beijing. From fast-paced modern cities to the well-preserved remnants of a long and storied history, this adventure reveals the many sides of one of the world’s great cradles of civilisation. We think it’s important to contrast the big and the bold with quiet moments and real connections. That’s why our tour of the Terracotta Warriors finishes with lunch at a local family home, and why we spend a few days in the Tibetan Buddhist town of Xiahe before tackling boisterous Beijing. Whether you’re scaling the Great Wall or sharing crispy Beijing (Peking) duck with your fellow travellers, this tour is packed with unforgettable moments.
Shaolin – Luoyang
Longmen – Xi'an
Lanzhou – Beijing
- Hotel (11 nights)
- 11 Breakfasts, 4 Lunches, 3 Dinners
- Plane , Private vehicle , High Speed Train , Subway , Taxi
- An expert tour leader
- Complimentary Airport Arrival Transfer
- Shanghai - Leader-led walking tour
- Shanghai - Yuyuan Gardens
- Shaolin - Temple, Pagoda Forest & Kung Fu show (entrace fee and transport included, leader-led)
- Shaolin - Buddhist vegetarian lunch
- Luoyang - Longmen Grottoes (entrance fee, transport included)
- Xi'an - Terracotta Warriors Tour (entrace fee, transport, local guide included)
- Xi'an - Home-cooked lunch
- Xiahe - Leader-led orientation walk
- Xiahe - Labrang Monastery (entrance fee, local guide)
- Xiahe - Tibetan family visit & lunch
- Xiahe - Sangke Grassland (transport included)
- Beijing - Mutianyu Great Wall (entransce fee, transfer included)
- Beijing - Leader-led Hutong walking tour
- Beijing - Forbidden City
- Beijing - Beijing duck dinner
- Any international flights to Shanghai and from Beijing are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Explore China tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 124 today.
- Earn US$ 83+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Explore China tour. You can cancel the tour up to 30 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 29 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 27 December 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 27 December 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 29 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Explore China tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Explore China tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- The best way to experience a place is by doing as the locals do – and in this case that means using public transport such as trams, buses or metro at some locations. It’s better for the environment and you’ll get an authentic look at daily life, just be aware you may find yourself sharing a busy bus ride with local commuters (for example). Train travel in China may not be entirely luxurious, but it's certainly one of the best ways to come face-to-face with the country and its people.
- This trip travels to altitudes of up to 3100 metres above sea level and as a result, some travellers can feel the effects of altitude sickness, regardless of age or physical health.
- In order to see as much as possible, this tour includes some long journeys. Please read the itinerary carefully for travel time estimates.
- You'll need a reasonable level of fitness for the Great Wall walk. Shoes with good support and grip are essential. There are many steps and slopes on the way, so be prepared for a tough climb in sections. You are free to walk as far as you want, and it is possible to reach the section we visit via cable car.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.
Last modified (date)
Your fellow travellers
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Climate and seasonal