- Local culture
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Classes and workshops
- Shopping and markets
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 4.5 hours
- tour type Private
- age requirement 1+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Experience the wealthy 1920's lifestyle in 4.5 hours
- Private Englishspeaking tour guide and private transfer service
- Enjoy dimsum, a tea ceremony, and exploring a bird market
- Experience the authentic Shanghai
These decades saw the nobility of the Qing dynasty, other high-class citizens and rich, up-starters living a truly luxurious lifestyle in Shanghai. Food was always the most important part of Chinese society, and for the wealthy in the 1920s, the day always started with a delicate yam-cha breakfast, a compulsory activity for the rich. They also frequented fancy restaurants or boutique tea-houses, often with their pets (birds or crickets), and would choose their favourite dim-sum to enjoy with precious Chinese tea.
Today, you will be picked up in your hotel lobby at 7:30 am and taken to the restaurant --- Sense 8. The decoration and the food immerse you in elegant and exclusive scenes of times past— the decor of the restaurant mirrors the décor of the homes of members of the Qing Dynasty. Enjoy a range of old-school dim sum dishes like 20’s Shanghai that you can't find it anywhere else.
After breakfast, you will visit the Site-Memorial of the First National Congress of the Communist Party of China. The well-protected historical architecture “shikumen”. The founder of the Communist Party started from here.
The bird market is the entertainment spot of old. In the market, people sell insects, bird, plants and fish. Here, different people with the same hobby. They all come here to pick their pets and exchange experiences!
The final stop is Yuyuan Bazaar, which is the old Ming and Qing Dynasty architecture market. There are various souvenir shops and restaurants. Here you can search for some small gifts for your family or friends or try some famous snacks if you're interested. Then, you will join a tea ceremony.
Yuyuan Garden is right next to the bazaar if you would like to visit, just let your guide know.
- Breakfast (yam-cha in Sense 8)
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private guide service
- Tea cermony in Yuyuan tea house
- Entrance ticket for Yuyuan Garden
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.