- City sightseeing
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Farm and plantation visits
- Shopping and markets
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Explore Shanghai's mix of modern trends and historic sites.
- Trek along rice terraces through different villages.
- Travel along the famous Li River.
- Discover scenic Yangshuo.
Ultramodern and resolutely traditional, China is a land with one foot in the present and the other striding into the future. This eight-day adventure connects them both, beginning with Shanghai’s sleek skyscrapered skyline. Then, you’ll strap on your boots and hike into the countryside around Longji to wander the picturesque rice paddies. (Depending on the season, you may even get to help out with the harvest.) See the limestone karsts of Guilin before you return to modern times with a two-day stint in always-on Hong Kong. Nature and modernity, in perfect balance.
Day 1: Shanghai
Day 2: Shanghai/Yangshuo
Day 3: Yangshuo
Day 4: Yangshuo
Day 5: Yangshuo/Longji
Day 6: Longji
Day 7: Longji/Hong Kong
Day 8: Hong Kong
- Hotels (4 nts), guesthouse (2 nts), sleeper train (1 nt).
Note: Allow USD215-280 for meals not included.
- Train, private vehicle.
- English-speaking Chinese CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout.
- Your G for Good Moment: Jia Community Restaurant, Yangshuo
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Your Discover Moment: Shanghai
- Your Discover Moment: Yangshuo
- Orientation walk in Yangshuo
- Longji Terraces half day trek
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to Shanghai and from Hong Kong are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Classic Shanghai to Hong Kong Adventure tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 38+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Classic Shanghai to Hong Kong Adventure tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 23 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 23 August 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Classic Shanghai to Hong Kong Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Classic Shanghai to Hong Kong Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on a G Adventures tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : ClassicAll of the highlights, culture, access, and I-can’t-believe-we-did-that moments, all at a great price.
- 2. Service Level : StandardComfortable tourist-class accommodations with character; mix of public and private transport.
- 3. Physical Grading : 3 - AverageSome tours may include light hiking, biking, rafting, or kayaking in addition to walking.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- This tour has been limited to a group size of 12 participants to protect against COVID-19. The tour will furthermore adhere to any local government restrictions on group sizes to ensure that everybody are kept safe.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.