- City sightseeing
- Festivals and events
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Art and architecture
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 13 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Like everything it does, China’s ancient history is on an epic scale – see it when facetoface with thousands of Terracotta Warriors (or thousands of local tourists at the Forbidden City!)
- Exploring the narrow alleyways of Shanghai's nearby water town of Xitang, you can imagine a life long lost to modernity
- Escape to the countryside, overnight near the Great Wall at a family run guesthouse, and see this iconic structure without the masses
- Built to accommodate Russian engineers working on the TransSiberian Railroad in the 19th century, discover Harbin’s Russian and Jewish heritage on a guided walking tour
Get a taste of China on this cultural and ice-filled adventure. Travel from modern Shanghai to old Beijing, exploring bustling Xi'an on the way with the Great Wall and Terracotta Warriors just a couple of highlights on offer. Delve beneath the surface of this massive country, discovering gourmet delights and learning about Chinese lifestyles and traditions. Then embrace the frozen glory of a Chinese winter and head north-east to experience the Harbin International Ice & Snow Festival in all its winter wonder. From Beijing head to the remote north of the country to discover a city shaped by Russian as well as Chinese culture and experience a festival that’ll take your (frozen) breath away.
Shanghai - Xitang
Xitang - Overnight train
Great Wall - Beijing
Harbin International Ice & Snow Festival
- Hotel (9 nights), Guesthouse (1 night), Overnight Sleeper Train (2 nights)
- 1 Breakfast, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner
- Overnight Sleeper Train , Private Bus , Public Bus , High Speed Train , Subway
- An expert tour leader
- Shanghai - Leader-led walking tour
- Xitang - Leader-led walking tour
- Xi'an - Leader-led Muslim Quarter walking tour
- Xi'an - Terracotta Warriors Tour (entrace fee, transport, local guide included)
- Xi'an - Home-cooked lunch
- Great Wall - Jinshanling section
- Beijing - Forbidden City (entrance fee included)
- Beijing - Tiananmen Square
- Harbin - Walking Tour & Saint Sophia Cathedral
- Harbin - International Ice & Snow Sculpture Festival
- Harbin - Snow Park
- Any international flights to Shanghai and from Beijing are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this China Highlights & Harbin Ice Festival tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 86+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this China Highlights & Harbin Ice Festival tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 27 December 2020, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 27 December 2020, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
China Highlights & Harbin Ice Festival tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this China Highlights & Harbin Ice Festival tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This trip travels on overnight hard sleeper trains on sections of the journey. Train travel in China may not be entirely luxurious, but it's certainly one of the best ways to come face-to-face with the country and its people. It's the main form of transport for locals, so take the chance to interact.
- The trip covers a fair amount of ground to enable you to see some of China's biggest cities and main highlights, so be prepared for some long travel days.
- We pack a lot in, in a short amount of time, so if you have some time to spare we highly recommend extra time in Shanghai and Beijing.
- Temperatures in northern China in January are extremely cold, especially in Harbin. It can easily get as low as -35° C. As you’ll be spending a lot of time outdoors exploring the city and the festival, it’s vital that you pack extremely warm clothes, including a coat, hat, gloves, scarf, boots and thermals.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point description
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers