- Ronda: This charming city hugs the edges of a 120metre gorge and is packed with historic churches and palaces, as well as Spain’s oldest bullring.
- Jerez de la Frontera: A beautiful baroque city, which gave its name to sherry, is considered the spiritual home of Spanish horsemanship.
- White village route: Journey through the picturesque highlands of the Sierra de Grazalema and behold the rustic beauty of its whitewashed villages.
- Seville: Explore the elegant capital of Andalusia, visiting the worldfamous Plaza de España, the former royal palace and cathedral as well as strolling through old Jewish quarter.
- Cordoba: Discover the magnificent Great Mosque, wander through the former Jewish district and visit the synagogue.
- Granada: Be dazzled by the jewel in Andalusia’s crown with a photo stop to the aweinspiring Alhambra palace as well as a stroll through the ancient Albaicin district.
- Show more
The passion, romance, mystique, beauty and history of Spain are nowhere more evident than in ancient Andalusia, the vast southern region, with a name that became a byword for Spanish culture. This fascinating eight-day self-drive tour gives you the chance to discover the cultural riches of Andalusia, from Phoenician times through the Roman, Muslim, Jewish, and Christian periods. Visit spellbinding world heritage sights such as the Alcazar and cathedral in Seville, the Great Mosque of Cordoba, and contemplate great views of the Alhambra in Granada.
Day 1: Arrival Seville
Day 2: Seville – Jerez De La Frontera (90 Km – 1.5 Hrs)
Day 3: Jerez De La Frontera – Ronda (115 Km – 1.5 Hrs)
Day 4: Ronda – Granada (180 Km – 2.5 Hrs)
Day 5: Granada
Day 6: Granada – Cordoba (200 Km – 2.5 Hrs)
Day 7: Cordoba – Seville (140 Km – 1.5 Hrs)
Day 8: Depart Seville
- 7 nights' accommodation
- Superior Hotel Category = Silken Al Andalus or similar 4*
- Superior Hotel Category = Jerez & Spa or similar 4*
- Superior Hotel Category = Maestranza or similar 4*
- Superior Hotel Category = Luna de Granada or similar 4*
- Superior Hotel Category = Ayre Cordoba or similar 4*
- 7 breakfasts
- Basic and Super Collision Damage Waiver (CDW, SCWD), Vehicle theft (STP), Supercover (cover against damage without excess except windows or wheels)
- Applicable local taxes (VAT)
- Unlimited mileage
- Road assistance 24-hour telephone service
- Full-Full petrol rate
- Car Group Category B = Seat Ibiza or similar
- Car Group Category C = Seat Leon or similar
- Items of a personal nature such as alcoholic drinks, laundry, drinks and meals not stated explicitly in the programme
- Any other expenses which are not mentioned in the included section
- National or International flights
- All types of insurance except mentioned car insurance
- Entry visas to Spain and Gibraltar (if applicable)
- Entrance tickets to any venue, museum or activity
- Damage to a third party or to the hire vehicle due to negligence or inappropriate driving
- Loss or damage to aerials, jack, safety triangles and vests, windscreen wipers, petrol cap, luggage covers, or any other fixed or mobile component of the vehicle
- Damage to the engine through negligence
- Theft of the vehicle with keys left in the ignition
- Damage caused to the vehicle or to persons through driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Fines due to breaking traffic laws and regulations during the hire period are the responsibility of the driver of the vehicle. In the event of a fine being received there will be an administration charge
- Return to another office if the distance is greater than 300 km
- Each additional driver fee
- Any extra equipment (GPS, baby seat etc)
- No insurance cover in Gibraltar.
- Earn US$ 15+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Down South, Self-drive tour. You can cancel the tour up to 35 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 34 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 06 January 2023, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 06 January 2023, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 34 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Down South, Self-drive tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Down South, Self-drive tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has implemented smaller group sizes than normal, allowing for more personal space on the vehicles, sights visited, hotels and restaurants.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this trip. Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
How many days are enough for Europe?
You can spend a couple of months exploring Europe and still feel like you have not seen everything. Generally speaking, a two-week Europe trip should be just enough if you are looking to cover its major highlights. However, if you want a comprehensive travel experience within this duration, it is better that you focus on a region or a few countries rather than traveling all over the continent.
Choose a single country or schedule your trip around a handful of cities in different countries. While larger European cities may require three to four days to explore, you can get around smaller destinations in a day or two. Planning your trip around a particular region will cut down your travel time and save your time in transit.
How much does a tour to Spain cost?
The duration of your stay, the type of accommodation and services you wish to book, and the activities you want to experience play a key role in determining the costs of your Spain vacation. On average, 7 days in Spain, including accommodation and meals, can cost anywhere from USD 1,000 to USD 1,800 per person. Hotel rooms can start from USD 49 per person, per night and go upward of USD 209, while a meal at an inexpensive restaurant can be had for around USD 12. A meal in a decent restaurant can cost upward of USD 20 per person.
What are the best things to do in Spain?
Salamanca during sightseeing tours. You can take in the picturesque landscape of rural Spain either on a driving trip (for example, through the Basque Circuit) or while hiking through its meadows and mountains. Experience the rich culinary culture of San Sebastian, considered by many to be the culinary capital of the country, and discover the dunes of Doñana National Park during a safari trip.
Is Spain a safe country for travelers?
Generally speaking, Spain is a safe destination to visit. It is considered among the top ten safest countries in the world. However, locals advise that you exercise the same kind of caution you would anywhere else. For example, avoid walking alone in dark alleys, be aware of scammers and follow the instructions of your tour guide. Learn more.
How do I plan a 15-day trip to Europe?
If you are planning to visit multiple countries, you should prepare a tentative list of destinations you are interested in. If it is your first trip, stick to major cities and cultural centers for the sake of simplicity and convenience. Also, be flexible and optimize your travel time and budget. Be open to changing your itinerary depending on schedules and ticket prices.