- Self-drive or vehicle rental
- Art and architecture
- duration 8 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 6+ years old
- guiding method Self guided/Independent
- Seville: Explore the elegant capital of Andalusia, visiting the worldfamous Plaza de España, the former royal palace and cathedral as well as strolling through the old Jewish quarter.
- Caceres: Explore the medieval city centre that has received several awards for its collection of historical monuments and is declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO.
- Merida: The city preserves one of the most important Roman remains in Spain.
Extremadura extends from the Gredos and Gata mountain ranges all the way to Andalusia, and from Castile to the Portuguese border. Cortes, Pizarro, Balboa, De Soto, the Conquistadors, all left this vast, beautiful and little-visited region to conquer the New World. Fortunes made in the Americas financed elaborate family mansions and churches. A region of contrast where, during this memorable eight-day self-drive tour, you will be able to visit exceptionally valuable monumental sites, enjoy natural landscapes, and sample one of Spain´s most highly-prized cured hams.
Day 1: Arrival Seville
Day 2: Seville – Zafra (145 Km – 1.5 Hrs)
Day 3: Zafra – Badajoz – Caceres (170 Km – 2.5 Hrs)
Day 4: Caceres – Plasencia – Jarandilla De La Vera (130 Km – 2 Hrs)
Day 5: Jarandilla De La Vera – Guadalupe - Trujillo (180 Km – 3 Hrs)
Day 6: Trujillo – Merida (90 Km – 1 Hr)
Day 7: Merida – Sevilla (200 Km – 2 Hrs)
Day 8: Depart Seville
- 7 nights' accommodation
- 7 breakfasts
- Transportation for the departure transfer on a shared basis, from the car rental company offices to Seville Airport.
- All-inclusive insurance: Basic Collision Damage Waiver (CDW), Wheel and windscreen (CGT), Road assistance 24 hour telephone service, Vehicle theft (TP); Personal accident insurance (P.A.I) .
- Applicable local taxes (VAT)
- Unlimited mileage
- Emergency Contact service
- Replacement car In case of accident
- Full-Full petrol rate (When you pick your car up, the fuel tank will be full or partly full. You will be charged the cost of the fuel: Before you return your car, please replace the fuel you’ve used)
- Items of a personal nature such as alcoholic drinks, laundry, and drinks and meals not stated explicitly in the programme
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned in the included section
- International flights
- All types of insurance
- Entry visas to Spain and Gibraltar (if applicable)
- Entrance tickets to any venue, museum or activity.
- Damage to a third party or to the hire vehicle due to negligence or inappropriate driving.
- Loss of child seats.
- Loss or damage to aerials, jack, safety triangles and vests, windscreen wipers, petrol cap, luggage covers, or any other fixed or mobile component of the vehicle.
- Damage to the engine through negligence.
- Theft of the vehicle with keys left in the ignition.
- Damage caused to the vehicle or to persons through driving under the Influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Fines due to breaking traffic laws and regulations during the hire period are the responsibility of the driver of the vehicle. In the event of a fine being received, an administration fee will be incurred.
- If the car is left outside of Rent a Car installations on drop off, customers will be responsible for any costs generated and for any damage to the vehicle due to it being parked outside of the Rent a Car installations.
- Each additional driver fee
- Any extra equipment (GPS, baby seat etc).
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 39+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Bright Extremadura, Self-drive tour. You can cancel the tour up to 35 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 34 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 02 September 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 02 September 2021, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 34 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Bright Extremadura, Self-drive tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Bright Extremadura, Self-drive tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has implemented smaller group sizes than normal, allowing for more personal space on the vehicles, sights visited, hotels and restaurants.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this trip. Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.