- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 14 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Explore colonial Penang and Malacca
- Discover Kuala Lumpur's culinary and cultural diversity
- Look for Orangutans and Pygmy elephants
Malaysia is very much a country of two halves. To the east is the island of Borneo with its jungles, Orang-utans and rivers. To the west is the Malayan Peninsula with its blend of cultures and religion, colonial history and modern flair. As we make our way through these two distinct regions, we go looking for charismatic wildlife, delve into the country’s European heritage as well as its Asian blend of Malay, Chinese and Indian and enjoy its spectacular beaches. We visit Buddhist temples and mosques, wander through rainforest trails and street-food markets and take in the sights, sounds, smells and flavours of a truly diverse country.
Day 1: Start Sepilok; optional night walk
Day 2: Visit the Sepilok Orangutan Sanctuary; optional visit to the Sunbear
Day 3: Travel via the Gomantong Caves to Kinabatangan; afternoon river cruise
Day 4: Explore Kinabatangan river
Day 5: Drive to Sandakan via the War Memorial; free time
Day 6: Fly to Kuala Lumpur and on to Malacca
Day 7: Trishaw tour of the old town of Malacca and exploration of the town
Day 8: Transfer to Kuala Lumpur; afternoon city tour
Day 9: Explore Malaysia's cuisine on a food tour of the city; free afternoon with
the chance to go for a drink at Trader's Bar
Day 10: Catch the train to Penang; afternoon walk around the colonial town of
Day 11: Have a city tour of Georgetown; free afternoon to visit Penang Hill, go to
the beach or explore more of the town
Day 12: Fly to the island of Langkawi; afternoon ride on the cable car for great
views of the island
Day 13: Free day to explore the island or just relax on the beach
Day 14: Trip ends this morning in Langkawi for land only clients, group flight
passengers will be taken to the airport
- 13 nights hotels, lodges and resorts, All accommodation
- 13 breakfasts, 2 lunches and 3 dinners
- 14 days land only/ 16 days flight inclusive
- Travel by minibus, boat and domestic flights
- London flights (if booking incl flights)
- 2019 itinerary
- Any international flights to/from Sepilok are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Borneo & the Malaysian Peninsula tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with Exodus Travels. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save +US$ 90 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 300 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 0 days before departure. For any departures within 07 December 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Borneo & the Malaysian Peninsula tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Borneo & the Malaysian Peninsula tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.