- Local culture
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Explore colonial Penang and Malacca
- Discover Kuala Lumpur's culinary and cultural diversity
- Look for Orangutans and Pygmy elephants
Malaysia is very much a country of two halves. To the east is the island of Borneo with its jungles, Orang-utans and rivers. To the west is the Malayan Peninsula with its blend of cultures and religion, colonial history and modern flair. As we make our way through these two distinct regions, we go looking for charismatic wildlife, delve into the country’s European heritage as well as its Asian blend of Malay, Chinese and Indian and enjoy its spectacular beaches. We visit Buddhist temples and mosques, wander through rainforest trails and street-food markets and take in the sights, sounds, smells and flavours of a truly diverse country.
Day 1: Start Sepilok; optional night walk
Day 2: Visit the Sepilok Orangutan Sanctuary; optional visit to the Sunbear
Day 3: Travel via the Gomantong Caves to Kinabatangan; afternoon river cruise
Day 4: Explore Kinabatangan river
Day 5: Drive to Sandakan via the War Memorial; free time
Day 6: Fly to Kuala Lumpur and on to Malacca
Day 7: Trishaw tour of the old town of Malacca and exploration of the town
Day 8: Transfer to Kuala Lumpur; afternoon city tour
Day 9: Explore Malaysia's cuisine on a food tour of the city; free afternoon with
the chance to go for a drink at Trader's Bar
Day 10: Catch the train to Penang; afternoon walk around the colonial town of
Day 11: Georgetown city walking tour to explore Penang's street art, food, culture
Day 12: Fly to the island of Langkawi
Day 13: Free day to explore the island or just relax on the beach; final group dinner
Day 14: Trip ends this morning in Langkawi for land only clients, group flight
passengers will be taken to the airport
- 13 nights hotels, lodges and resorts , All accommodation
- 13 breakfasts, 2 lunches and 4 dinners
- 14 days land only/ 16 days flight inclusive
- Travel by minibus, boat and domestic flights
- London flights (if booking incl flights)
- Any international flights to Sepilok and from Langkawi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Borneo & the Malaysian Peninsula tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 103+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Borneo & the Malaysian Peninsula tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 19 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 19 August 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Borneo & the Malaysian Peninsula tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Borneo & the Malaysian Peninsula tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.