- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 14 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- Explore colonial Penang and Malacca
- Discover Kuala Lumpur's culinary and cultural diversity
- Look for Orangutans and Pygmy elephants
Malaysia is very much a country of two halves. To the east is the island of Borneo with its jungles, Orang-utans and rivers. To the west is the Malayan Peninsula with its blend of cultures and religion, colonial history and modern flair. As we make our way through these two distinct regions, we go looking for charismatic wildlife, delve into the country’s European heritage as well as its Asian blend of Malay, Chinese and Indian and enjoy its spectacular beaches. We visit Buddhist temples and mosques, wander through rainforest trails and street-food markets and take in the sights, sounds, smells and flavours of a truly diverse country.
Start Sepilok; optional night walk
Visit the Sepilok Orangutan Sanctuary; optional visit to the Sunbear
Travel via the Gomantong Caves to Kinabatangan; afternoon river cruise
Explore Kinabatangan river
Drive to Sandakan via the War Memorial; free time
Fly to Kuala Lumpur and on to Malacca
Trishaw tour of the old town of Malacca and exploration of the town
Transfer to Kuala Lumpur; afternoon city tour
Explore Malaysia's cuisine on a food tour of the city; free afternoon with
the chance to go for a drink at Trader's Bar
Catch the train to Penang; afternoon walk around the colonial town of
Georgetown city walking tour to explore Penang's street art, food, culture
Fly to the island of Langkawi
Free day to explore the island or just relax on the beach; final group dinner
Trip ends this morning in Langkawi for land only clients, group flight
passengers will be taken to the airport
- 13 nights hotels, lodges and resorts , All accommodation
- 13 breakfasts, 2 lunches and 4 dinners
- 14 days land only/ 16 days flight inclusive
- Travel by minibus, boat and domestic flights
- London flights (if booking incl flights)
- 2020 itinerary
- Any international flights to Sepilok and from Langkawi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Borneo & the Malaysian Peninsula tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save +US$ 86 in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Borneo & the Malaysian Peninsula tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 300 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 24 March 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Borneo & the Malaysian Peninsula tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Borneo & the Malaysian Peninsula tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.