- City sightseeing
- Sightseeing tour
- duration 8 hours
- tour type Group
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Trek difficulty Easy
- Maximum altitude 1 meters
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Discover beautiful Korean Palaces, Temples and Markets
- Explore and learn about Korean history and culture with professional tour guide
- Headsets are provided for qualified tour
Start your tour with a visit to Jogyesa Buddhist Temple, the center of Zen Buddhism in Korea, famous for being located in the city. The first things you will notice at the temple are the lovely trees. These locust trees and baeksong trees in front of the Daeungjeon, the main temple building, are about 500 years old.
The tour also visits Gyeongbok Palace, built in 1395, which is arguably the most beautiful and the grandest of all the five palaces. Every day, visitors to Gyeongbok palace can watch a re-enactment of the changing of the royal guards' ceremony, which takes place at the Gwanghwamun and Heungnyemun plazas. The royal guards of the Joseon Dynasty (1392~1910) were in charge of protecting the gates of the capital city and the royal palace.
The newly opened Cheongwadae Sarangchae, which opened to the public on January 5th, 2010, is a history center that gives visitors a chance to follow in the footsteps of presidents of Korea and gain insight into the history of Seoul. It encompasses the past, present and even the future of Seoul as well as the entire nation
We'll also visit Changdeok Palace, the second royal villa built after Gyeongbok Palace in 1405. Changdeok was the principal palace for many of the Joseon kings and is the best preserved among the five remaining royal Joseon palaces.
Finally, we will stop in the famous Insa-dong, the most reliable place to purchase antiques in Seoul. Here you may browse antique shops, art galleries and second-hand bookstores.
The complete itinerary for the day is as follows:
Hotel pick up - Jogyesa Buddhist Temple - Changing of the Guard Ceremony - Gyeongbok Palace (Deoksu Palace Tuesday only) - pass by the Presidential Blue House - Cheongwadae Sarangchae (closed every Monday) - shopping center - lunch - Changdeok Palace(N Seoul Tower on Monday only; excluding observatory) - Insadong Arts and Crafts Market - shopping center - Namdaemun Traditional Market - drop off at hotel.
- English speaking tour guide
- Lunch (Korean Dish)
- Entrance fees
- Earphones provided
- Any international flights to/from Seoul are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Traditional Seoul City Walking Tour (Full-Day) tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.Other Practical Information* Cheongwadae Sarangchae closes on Mondays. * Deoksu Palace instead of Gyeongbok Palace on Tuesday. * N Seoul Tower (excluding Observatory) instead of Changdeok Palace on Monday. * Changing of the Guard Ceremony can be cancelled depends on the weather. * There is 100% cancellation charge if you cancel on the tour day.