- duration 3 hours
- tour type Group
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Explore Seoul's unique, thriving urban core
- Hunt for treasures and souvenirs in a traditional Korean market
- See the traditional houses of Bukchon Hanok Village
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritagelisted Changdeokgung Palace
The home of K Pop, Seoul's urban core is hip and happening. Head to an area full of hanoks (historic houses), then learn about Korean royalty at their UNESCO World Heritage digs on this Seoul tour.
Seoul is an evolving city, growing in world-stature yet still steeped in the past. Discover both the modern, urban delights and historic traces of this intriguing city on this Seoul city tour.
Meet your knowledgeable local guide and set off for the charming Bukchon Hanok village area. This residential area dates back to the Joseon Dynasty and possesses countless hanoks (traditional Korean houses) and other historic sites. Nowadays it's considered one of the leading (and most loved) cultural places in Seoul. It's also a favourite meeting place for Seoul’s youth (spotting young couples on dates in hanok-style restaurants isn't hard here).
After a brief break, stroll to Changdeokgung Palace, one of Seoul's UNESCO World Cultural Heritage sites. This royal palace is famous for its unique, traditional Korean-style architecture and design, which you will learn all about on this part of the Seoul tour.
Walk along Jongmyo (Royal Shrine) and meet local people at Kwang Jang Market, one of Seoul's best and most traditional markets. It's absolutely huge, and you can easily explore it for hours and hours, which is why our Seoul city tour will end here and set you free into the market to wander at your heart's content.
Your friendly local guide will be happy to offer some advice on where to head next, whether you're staying in the market or heading back out in Seoul.
- Local English speaking guide
- Palace entrance fee.
- Items of a personal nature
- food and drink
- tips / gratuities for your guide.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this The Street Museum in the Urban Core tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
For any tour departures within 21 January 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 21 January 2021, a deposit of 100% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 0 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
The Street Museum in the Urban Core tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this The Street Museum in the Urban Core tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
Gwanghwamun Station – Seoul Metro Subway Line 5, Exit 6 (Outside). - Address: 149, Sejong-daero, Jongno-gu, Seoul, KoreaMeeting end point :
Jongno 5 –ga subway station or Kwang Jang Market.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour follows established guidelines that are in line with the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ framework against COVID-19.
- This tour follows the local government(s) recommendations for gatherings and group sizes.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing is highly encouraged on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.