- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 3 hours
- tour type Group Tour
- Walk the vibrant streets of Seoul, uncovering some of its local secrets and Gangnam style
- Visit the Seoul Museum of History and interact with the cityscape at Seoul City Panoramic Theater
- Wander Deoksugunggil, the romantic stone wall road that surrounds the palace
- Experience the traditional royal guardchanging ceremony and daily belltolling of a Seoul national treasure at Bosingak Belfry
Locate the soul of Seoul in its traditional spaces and contemporary places, from the Joseon Dynasty to The Korean Wave. Uncover the hidden gems that reveals that yes, Seoul has a soul, and it’s a beautiful one at that!
Experience Seoul's unique blend of old and new on this Urban Adventure that takes in an interactive museum exhibit, two of Seoul’s five royal palaces, the changing of the guards ceremony, and the picturesque features of central Seoul’s historic sites. As one of Asia's up-and-coming cities, Seoul is an interesting city full of delights, yet still remains off the mass tourism radar. In our opinion, that makes Seoul ideal for discovering unique local experiences and getting to know the city like a local.
Start the day in the heart of Seoul at Gwanghwamun Gate and walk along to the Seoul Museum of History for a unique interactive exhibition of local history at the Seoul City Panoramic Theatre. From there, we’ll continue into Gyeonghuigung Palace, one of the five royal palaces in Seoul.
Next our Seoul walking tour heads to Daehamun for the royal changing of the guards ceremony. Then after a brief stop at Seoul City Hall, we’ll stroll over to Cheonggyecheon Plaza, with its picturesque stream, historic stone bridges, and uniquely decorated walls, and then head out for a walk through Jongno, one of central Seoul's oldest areas.
Your Seoul city tour continues with a walk to the Bosingak Bell Pavilion, the belfry for a 3.18m tall bronze bell from the early Joseon period. If we’re lucky, we’ll catch the bell’s mighty toll at noon!
At the end of the tour, you're free to continue exploring Seoul. We highly recommend taking the opportunity to feast on some tasty Korean cuisine. Korean food is one of the world's best kept secrets, so don't miss the chance to try some. Your guide will let you know the best place to try local delicacies like Bibimbap or Jeon, and will be able to give you recommendations for where to continue your Seoul adventure, like the nearby Insa-dong flea market and Jogyesa Temple.
- Local English speaking guide
- Palace entrance fee.
- Items of a personal nature
- food and drink
- tips / gratuities for your guide.
- Bookmundi is partner with Urban Adventures. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Full payment of 47 USD is required to confirm this tour.Travel Insurance
The Soul of Seoul tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this The Soul of Seoul tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Other Practical InformationMeeting start point : Gwanghwamun Station – Seoul Metro Subway Line 5, Exit 6 (Outside) - Address 149, Sejong-daero, Jongno-gu, Seoul, Korea Meeting end point : Bosingak Bell Pavilion / Jonggak Station – Seoul Metro Subway Line 1.