- City sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 9 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- max group size 17
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Seoul Explore South Korea's dynamic capital. Visit the Demilitarised Zone and the Gyeongbokgung Palace
- Samwhasa Temple Spend a night in a monastery learning about a monks traditional lifestyle
- UNESCO World Heritage Sites Visit the Hahoe Folk Village, Seokguram Grotto and the Bulguksa Temple
From the cosmopolitan city of Seoul to the ancient Silla capital of Gyeongju, South Korea has a lot to offer. Experience the tension at the Demilitarised Zone between North and South Korea, witness morning rituals at the Buddhist monastery of Samhwasa and journey through the beautiful Korean countryside. Seoul and surrounds- Explore South Korea's dynamic capital and travel further north to see the stark contrast with the renown Demilitarized border with North Korea- the DMZ Unique overnight stays- Spend a night in a Buddhist monastery learning about a monks traditional lifestyle and in a traditional homestay in peaceful surroundings UNESCO World Heritage Sites - Visit the Hahoe Folk Village, Seokguram Grotto and the Bulguksa Temple
Day 1 : Join trip in Seoul
Day 2 : Morning orientation tour of Seoul. Afternoon free
Day 3 : Drive to Samhwasa Temple via Gangneung and the Ojukheon House
Day 4 : Discover the Buseoksa Temple and drive to the Homestay in Andong
Day 5 : Visit the Hahoe Folk Village and Mask Museum. Drive to Gyeongju
Day 6 : Explore Gyeongju, the Seokguram Grotto and Bulguksa Temple
Day 7 : Visit Namsan Mountain and Tongdosa Temple. Take the high speed train to Seoul
Day 8 : Visit the Demilitarised Zone
Day 9 : Trip ends in Seoul
- 8 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 2 Dinners
- The Splaisir Seoul Myeongdong (4 nights)
- Samhwasa Temple (1 night)
- Andong Hanok Guesthouses (1 night)
- The Swiss Rosen (2 nights)
- Explore Tour Leader
- Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to/from Seoul are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this South Korea Explorer tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 100+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this South Korea Explorer tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 14 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 14 August 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
South Korea Explorer tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this South Korea Explorer tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.