- duration 9 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Seoul Explore South Korea's dynamic capital. Visit the Demilitarised Zone and the Gyeongbokgung Palace
- Samwhasa Temple Spend a night in a monastery learning about a monks traditional lifestyle
- UNESCO World Heritage Sites Visit the Hahoe Folk Village, Seokguram Grotto and the Bulguksa Temple
From the cosmopolitan city of Seoul to the ancient Silla capital of Gyeongju, South Korea has a lot to offer. Experience the tension at the Demilitarised Zone between North and South Korea, witness morning rituals at the Buddhist monastery of Samhwasa and journey through the beautiful Korean countryside. Seoul and surrounds- Explore South Korea's dynamic capital and travel further north to see the stark contrast with the renown Demilitarized border with North Korea- the DMZ Unique overnight stays- Spend a night in a Buddhist monastery learning about a monks traditional lifestyle and in a traditional homestay in peaceful surroundings UNESCO World Heritage Sites - Visit the Hahoe Folk Village, Seokguram Grotto and the Bulguksa Temple
A group of four people is a little 'intense' however on the whole we navigated the relationships well within the group.
One of the highlights for us was Binh himself. He was such an amazing Guide/Tour Leader - words don't really convey how important he was to our enjoyment of the experience. For us, his personal stories made Vietnam's history come alive, and yet he took care to convey many perspectives on the recent history of the country and people. We were able to meet his parents and visit his home which was really a very special moment.
Binh is a real asset to Explore. He is articulate, skilled, very caring and respectful - to the people of Vietnam, to the tour participants and support teams, and to the organisation Explore. With development and growth opportunities he could go very far as a mentor and leader in the company and in the tour industry.”
Day 1 : Join trip in Seoul
Day 2 : Morning orientation tour of Seoul. Afternoon free
Day 3 : Drive to Samhwasa Temple via Gangneung and the Ojukheon House
Day 4 : Discover the Buseoksa Temple and drive to the Homestay in Andong
Day 5 : Visit the Hahoe Folk Village and Mask Museum. Drive to Gyeongju
Day 6 : Explore Gyeongju, the Seokguram Grotto and Bulguksa Temple
Day 7 : Visit Namsan Mountain and Tongdosa Temple. Take the high speed train to Seoul
Day 8 : Visit the Demilitarised Zone
Day 9 : Trip ends in Seoul
- 6 nights comfortable hotel
- 1 night simple monastery
- 1 night comfortable homestay
- 8 Breakfast, 1 Lunch, 2 Dinner
- Bus, Flight
- Explore Tour Leader, Driver(s), Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to/from Seoul are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this South Korea Explorer tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 96+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this South Korea Explorer tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 30 January 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 30 January 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
South Korea Explorer tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this South Korea Explorer tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.