- War sites
- duration 6 hours
- tour type Group
- age requirement 4+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Learn the history behind the only divided country in the world, South and North Korea
- Visit this mustsee location with knowledgeable tour guide
- No sponsor or "shopping" stops
Itinerary: Hotel → Imjingak Park → The Bridge of Freedom → The 3rd Infiltration Tunnel → DMZ Theater & Exhibition Hall → Dora Observatory → Dorasan Station → Pass by the Unification Village → Drop off at City Hall or Itaewon (13:30PM)
The armistice that put a halt to the Korean War (1950-1953) divided the Korean Peninsula into South and North Korea. The two sides are separated by the Korean Demilitarized Zone, or DMZ, running along the 38th parallel north. The DMZ is also a unique natural ecosystem, one that is globally acknowledged for its ecological value.
This park was built to console the refugees who left North Korea during the Korean War. At the park are the following attractions; Mangbaedan, an altar set up for refugees to bow in the direction of their ancestral graveyards; Freedom bridge, which was built to free 12,773 prisoners in 1953; Unification pond, which is in the shape of the Korean Peninsula; and the Peace bell.
The 3rd Tunnel
The third tunnel was discovered in October 1978, and is evidently designed for an invasion of the south.
The Unification Observatory is located on Odu mountain, in an area of superb scenic beauty with Han river and Imjin river. It was opened on September 8, 1992.
Dorasan Station is the northernmost station of South Korea, which is 700m distant from the southern boundary line of DMZ, the civil control zone. Since US president Bush visited Dorasan Station on February 20, 2002, it has come into spotlight internationally.
- Tour guide
- Entrance fees
- No Shopping
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.Other Practical Information1. DMZ closes every Monday and National Holiday. 2. Passport or Identification Card is needed on the tour day. 3. There is no restriction with age, nationality and dress code for DMZ Tour. 4. Pick-up service can be delayed depending on the traffic condition. 5. After the reservation is confirmed, pick-up service will be held at the location requested by the client. 6. Drop off Location is Cityhall or Itaewon area.