- duration 3 hours
- tour type Group
- age requirement 6+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Sample traditional Korean street foods like barbecued ribs and green onion pancakes
- Join locals for a night out in the bustling Insadong neighbourhood
- Have a nightcap of Korean rice wine and dessert
- Walk along the Chyenggyecheon waterway for a romantic view of Seoul
Dig into authentic Korean street food on this tasty tour of Seoul! Wander ancient streets as you snack and sip on traditional treats, from barbecued ribs to rice wine. Along the way, pick up a bit of history and maybe even find a dash of romance.
Experience the best travel stories for yourself. Join a local expert and uncover hidden gems on this city adventure hand-picked by the world's leading travel publisher. Lonely Planet Experiences powered by Urban Adventures bring stories to life in the best-loved cities around the globe.
You’ll start your Seoul food tour with a bit of royal history at Gwanghwamun Gate, the largest gate leading into the historic Gyeongbokgung Palace. From there, we’ll walk to the colourful Jogyesa Temple, the centre of Zen Buddhism, and along the way, hear stories from the historical streets of Pimatgol Alley.
From there, you’ll head to the neighbourhood of Insa-dong, which is filled with not only with plenty of art and culture, but also lots of delicious street food. With your local guide by your side, you’ll navigate through some of the best stands, finding out what locals love to eat.
Next up on this Seoul food tour, we’ll take a simple stroll along the Chenggyecheon, shining in the soft evening light. Some might find this walk to be incredibly romantic, and we wouldn’t disagree, but our heart belongs to what you’ll find at the end of the way: an alley of marinated grilled ribs! Here you’ll dig into your main dish for the tour: delicious Korean-style BBQ ribs with fresh vegetables.
We’ll then head to Bukchang-dong, a famed alley of beloved eateries. We’ll get to experience Korean drinking culture, rubbing shoulders with locals who flock here at the end of the workday. There are plenty of pubs to choose from, so your guide will lead you through the options. We’ll sample some makgeolli (Korean rice wine) with a side snack of pajeon (green onion pancake).
At this point you might think you’re too full for one more bite, but everyone knows there’s always room for dessert! We’ll finish off our tour at a local spot where you can taste a traditional Korean treat before heading our separate ways to uncover more nightlife in Seoul.
- Local English-speaking guide
- Samples of Korean street food and ribs
- Dessert of Korean-style pancake
- Rice wine or soft drink.
- Additional food and drink
- souvenirs and items of a personal nature
- tips and gratuities for your guide.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this Lonely Planet Experiences: Street Food Seoul tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
For any tour departures within 23 January 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 23 January 2021, a deposit of 100% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 0 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Lonely Planet Experiences: Street Food Seoul tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Lonely Planet Experiences: Street Food Seoul tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
Gwanghwamun Station – Seoul Metro Subway Line 5, Exit 6 (outside). Address: 149, Sejong-daero, Jongno-gu, Seoul.Meeting end point :
Gwanghwamun StatioLonely Planet extras
- Free access to the Lonely Planet mobile app for one year
- 25% discount on all items in the Lonely Planet Shop
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour follows established guidelines that are in line with the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ framework against COVID-19.
- This tour follows the local government(s) recommendations for gatherings and group sizes.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing is highly encouraged on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.